Status
Not open for further replies.
My calf and thigh muscles started out extremely large as I was very active all my life with tennis, golf, swimming, weight lifting, scuba diving, etc. So for me to lose the amount I said was not much compared to the total I started with. I weighed 275 lbs and am 6 feet tall at the start of this disease.
Here I am since my Dx May 11, 2006, almost 2 years and my calf and thigh muscles look about normal for the average person. If anyone did not know I had ALS and looked at my legs they would think they looked fine, but they aren't.

If you start with calf muscles that are 19.5 inches and lose to 17.5 inches it might look like a normal calf muscle to most people. This to me is not "fast" as you put it. I do not know how else to explain this to you; and it seems like everyone would rather get stuck on this one point than move on to something that will really help.

I had no idea you were big enough to be an offensive lineman for the Alabama Crimson Tide. :) Please forgive me for not understanding that your atrophy was actually slow. The information you generously gave is helpful and important, because I'm sure there are a lot of people on here that are interested in progression.
Keep taking care of yourself and I wish you the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back