Country
PL
State
DL
City
Wrocław
Help me! I am feared, concerned.

Will put my symptoms? shortly.

1- ALS has been diagnosed for my mother (in 2017, she is 70 years old), 3 years ago she was at doctor with as she said, something with wrists, and they said it might be something to surgery but the doctor said in 3 years you wont be able to carry a bag. He suspected ALS. Today my mother has trouble with walk and with doing almost anything, but she can pick up light items. She also cannot walk for long time, she can just walk at home very slowly.
When I read that disease is also genetic and given to kids I noticed in me:
- like pressure or loop on the outside part of my palms
- light occasional pain few times a day in my fingers both hands every day since few days
- Sleeping is pleasure for me now and I dislike to get up early, I feel still tired and go back till I feel good (1-2 hours more). I dont have to get up to work so its fine for me, I sleep about until 10? Since some months
- I wouldnt say my legs are weak but I feel weird, when I get up, sometimes after getting up they are bit weak till I warm them up by walking
- I feel like speaking makes me somehow difficult to catch breath, and breathing during the day is like with hysteric globe. I am not choking, its not very hard but uncomfortable its different than normal, this i used to probably have earlier
- now i also feel something in my throat Like hysteric globe, I used to feel it in other times, when I was scared but now I guess is not same
- similar little pressure or loop around leg in my lower part of legs, its not strong at all, just light
- I think i have sometimes problems with punching right key on the keyboard but if I focus I can do it quiet well and just feling bit dizzy (thinking about something else, when trying to press something else)
- very little pain in the end of my toes heels (occasionally) and fingers) or like a pressure rather in my shoulder(s) and internal elbow hole?
- if I press finger during that pain i can feel still this pain. Its not strong.
- tingles in nose, arm, legs, from time to time, u know, here, there. This is since some time, noticed few days ago, earlier I dunno.
- I also had and still have occasional headaches connected with teeth aches
those symtoms worsened when I read about ALS, but I remember I was feeling bit weird (weaker) earlier but not remembering pain or all these tickles in these parts. I just was more like wanting to sleep till 10-11 and harder to click selected link on the web, I dont know if its all nervous or I really have to worry about. Especially these touch feeling on my hands on external side of hand. I guess I am more impatient or getting tired faster, but I checked I can walk on stairs on 11th floor and I can push ups, feeling bit more clumsy either I pay attention to me more?
I am scared, is such SLA at 65-70 possible in a kid in his 30s?
I didnt see any leg moving or fasciculatin

I am sorry about your mother. It is not unusual for family members to develop fear and worrisome symptoms.

It IS unusual for genetic ALS to present simultaneously in parent and child.

Most ALS is NOT inherited. If your mom is the first person in the family to have it the chances of genetic ALS are extremely low. There is a post today by someone who has lost 7 family members to ALS. I am the 6th person in my lifetime to be affected in my family THAT is how FALS goes

Your symptoms don't sound like ALS to me anyway

I am sorry about your mother.
Yeah thanks.
It is not unusual for family members to develop fear and worrisome symptoms
Yes I guess so especially in me as I really sometimes badly anxious with different serious illnesses once I read about them. But ok its not so bad, I just pay big attention to any symptom that time it is real fear as I got a person in my close family with this ilness :( And i really fell bit different even before I started to read of it.
But I also started feeling those small tingle tickle feeling like warm in one place for a second, little pressing or pain - sometimes it stops when I dont think of it and sometimes probably not but I also feel tiredness when waking up at 7-8 like today it was almost 9:00 and I fell like I want to go to bed again, feeling my legs not enough rested. I used to wake up earlier but never felt comfortable about it. I was quite fine and not complaining of that weeks ago, although I used to feel like now but never complained too much till I read about ALS and thoguth that its what I get.
I feel uncomfortable in twisting the keys in my hand just to get right one maybe it seems to me, as illusion? Or really I am more clumsy? I don;t know. Why just now?
Most ALS is NOT inherited. If your mom is the first person in the family to have it the chances of genetic ALS are extremely low. There is a post today by someone who has lost 7 family members to ALS. I am the 6th person in my lifetime to be affected in my family THAT is how FALS goes
Yes it is as she claims she is first (parents of her died yes. But from another diseases, not related, both had cerebral hemorrhage, several and died much later after 70s or 80s?) her siblings are 62 and 66? and one of them has cerebral hemorrhage and not yet sick on ALS - nothing to do with ALS I guess. Sisters of her grandmother also probably never had ALS cause she would know, but u know, u cant get so perfect info when they live so far away. But probably it wouldnt be a secret if they were ill. So she is only and first. But u know I heard stories of people who got sick and had their parents sick without history of others.
Its scary to have this load. Its very sad that you have so big problem with ALS, its depressing. I am sorry for You :((
How was the difference between your members and you in age when it got bad?

Feared. There is no reason for you to continue to ask about ALS. Ask your doctor about anxiety.

you think so?
why?

globe in throat, harder breathan
weaken leg after waking up and standing from bed, but bended once only, then it is walked up. Happens sometimes when I get up at morning is it just from lying ? Happens since some time, I dont remember if it used to happen before.

I am feeling sick like weak legs but now? When I started to read about it a week ago I got worse. Why just now? Is it possible to feel weak just from being scared? I literally not feeling well. Come on I know how anxiety rules the human but I feel these symptoms badly. And I have different breath. I feel bit harder to press the right key on the keyboard, like dizzyness. But it was said its not symptom. Why then its mentioned in the symptoms on presentation in ppt? I found also video about 26 old boy who got ALS. He is looking fine, but has ALS, so....? Its not true that tingling is not symptom coz I read many people does have it. So.... Pls tell me - I am really feared but I feel these symptoms I didnt invent them. The worst is breath. The last year means 2016. got bad symptom of strong dizzyness (spinning and could not look at one point) for a week - right away after cold or flu which was screwing me for few days. I also vomited once, while I never did it since being teenager. Is it at least maybe MS? I tried to make examination of knee reflexes and they are moderate. Is it good or bad? Also some month ago I was collapsing when a person touched my belly, now it is not happening anymore, I do not collapse. :( I gained bit of fat but not much to cover these parts so I dont feel tickles after being touched. It is unusual because I remember how I reacted before. And again that hardened breath. And now I slept and my hand got numb - probably was pressed but not sure.
Please write to me more because it ruins my life.

I think it's time for you to see a doctor. Posting here will not help you gain any further insight. I am not sure if there is a translation issue, but it sounds as though you are arguing with the folks who have already posted to reassure you. If you will not listen to the people here, it is time for you to go to a doctor and explain your symptoms and discuss with them why you are convinced you have ALS. As you are also asking about MS, it seems you have a broader concern, and it is time to get in-person and proper medical assistance. Posting on a forum is not going to help you any further.

Best of luck with your continued search for answers-

weak legs 2 dayz after climbing stairs on 11th floor are sign of an anxiety?

Please take shiftkicker's advice. See a doctor. It doesn't sound like ALS to us. We don't know what is wrong with you and continuing to ask is not going change anything in our response. Only an inperson doctor visit can give you information now

Please note, nothing in my post said anything about anxiety. Only that you are asking questions only a doctor can answer. please see a doctor.

Feared, what you wrote...

(" I also vomited once, while I never did it since being teenager. Is it at least maybe MS? I tried to make examination of knee reflexes and they are moderate. Is it good or bad? Also some month ago I was collapsing when a person touched my belly, now it is not happening anymore, I do not collapse. I gained bit of fat but not much to cover these parts so I don't feel tickles after being touched. It is unusual because I remember how I reacted before.")

Of all the posts I have read in this Forum over the years that one is the... WINNER of FIRST PRIZE! My opinion.

When that person touched your belly, or those "parts" a little fat may have covered... was it during an intimate moment?

However... it could be serious.

Be sure and tell the doctor about these episodes whenever you do finally see one. That's some serious crap that the doctor needs to know.

No need to reply.

i am in huge anxiety to see doctor, just to confirm something is wrong. I prefer to stop thinking about that

Anxiety, stress, and fear CAN DO everything you described. The mind is very powerful. It tells the body what to do. If you are afraid of something, your mind CAN literally give you cramps, pain, weaknesses, and it can cause you to stop walking.

If you won't see an expert doctor, then don't ask us, either.

Wow....just WOW.
Good luck 2 u scared person!
Pam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back