Reason
Other
Country
SE
State
Vastra Gotaland
City
Stockholm
Hello strong people. I am 24 years old and lives in Sweden. I am living in big fear. I got alot anxiety the last 6 months. I am not myself. I am so scared of having ALS. My girlfriend is in wheelchair and cant use hands or legs from a car accident before we met. She is also 7 months pregnant. I have always been the one who takes care of her. I help her shower, makes all dinner, clean, washing and working 100 procent so that we can live a good enjoying life together. I dont wanna leave her with our baby...... I understand that i have a disease and it points to ALS, in my world.

It all started with feeling numb left leg 7 months ago after an infection. Went to neuro and MRT did now show anything. After this i started to feel spasms under the skin in my left calve. I had this for a couple of months until i had another infection. When i had my second infection my both calves started to spasm and i was getting weaker. My whole body and brain felt like vibrations. I got a very bad immune system. After my 3rd infection i started to feel very weak in legs(most upper) and arms but mostly hands. It feels like i have been sleeping on them and that there is not enought blood in them to work correctly (that type of weakness). After this journey i also have twitches, spasms all over body, includig tounge. If i walk around the block my legs gets very tired. I feel weak but i am still having strenght in my muscles. I also have fevers often. If i grab something i can feel my nerves in hand in a wierd way. I also have had small burning, needle feeling in my lower legs somethimes. When i sit down on toilet, my both legs go numb fast. I get weaker and weaker spec in combination with colds. I also have hyporeflexes in both knees. When i sleep, my spasms goes away. When i move.. I start hsbe twitch and spasms constant. Please what do you think about my symtoms? 2 months left for neuro appointment. I cant sleep right now and i cry all the time. Cant leave my love right now. Hugs and thanks for taking time

Please try to keep to one thread. Starting multiple threads will not get you answers any faster and it make if difficult for those who do answer to keep track and respond as they have to use eye gaze or type with the only finger they have left that works. Also try and break up your story into paragraphs. Many may not read your post because it is too long.

With that said I am not a doctor but I think you are describing a possible spine problem, it could be a pinched nerve. It could still be the virus you had. SOme people take a long time to recover. Just be patient and wait for the neuro appointment. All this worrying and fretting is not going to make it better and can make it worse.

You have a wonderful baby on the way and you should be focusing on that. So many things to do and get ready for. All you can do is wait for your appointment and do the best you can in the mean time. I don't think any of what you described sounds like als. Read the stickies on this forum, and take a deep breath and relax. You are wasting time worrying and fretting that you will not get back. Congrats on that baby.

Thanks alot. I cant tell you in words how much i preciate your help. I did not know if i had posted the other thread correctly. I will try to remove the other one and learn how it all works. Hugs and thanks you.

Your symptoms point away from ALS. The sensory abnormalities you describe are not characteristic of ALS. If you have upper motor neurons affected, then one would see hyper-reflexes, not hypo. Spasticity also originates with diseased upper motor neurons, but it won't go away when you go to sleep.

It's seems obvious that you are suffering severe anxiety. Anxiety is as major cause of fasciculations (twitching), as well as many other physiological manifestations. Your frequent fevers and infections are also not characteristic of ALS. Your immune system may be compromised by a disease process, but is also susceptible to being weakened by anxiety. Your inability to sleep and constant crying also suggest that depression is likely involved as well. There is a very strong link between the human mind and body which often leads to an ever-increasing spiral of symptoms. Have you seen a doctor about your frequent infections?

There are many potential causes for the collection of symptoms that you describe, but ALS isn't one of them.

I was to fast saying hypore. I ment hyper:( I dont know how to correct it. Yes i have alot of anxiety. I cant relax for a minute :( I have been to 25 doctors. No one has find out why i have all this infections. I had a tick before, and i have been sick since then. I have also tried Western blot and negative so i dont think about Lyme anymore. :/

Hello strong people. I am 24 years old and lives in Sweden. I am living in big fear. I got alot anxiety the last 6 months. I am not myself. I am so scared of having ALS. My girlfriend is in wheelchair and cant use hands or legs from a car accident before we met. She is also 7 months pregnant. I have always been the one who takes care of her. I help her shower, makes all dinner, clean, washing and working 100 procent so that we can live a good enjoying life together. I dont wanna leave her with our baby...... I understand that i have a disease and it points to ALS, in my world.

It all started with feeling numb left leg 7 months ago after an infection. Went to neuro and MRT did now show anything. After this i started to feel spasms under the skin in my left calve. I had this for a couple of months until i had another infection. When i had my second infection my both calves started to spasm and i was getting weaker. My whole body and brain felt like vibrations. I got a very bad immune system. After my 3rd infection i started to feel very weak in legs(most upper) and arms but mostly hands. It feels like i have been sleeping on them and that there is not enought blood in them to work correctly (that type of weakness). After this journey i also have twitches, spasms all over body, includig tounge. If i walk around the block my legs gets very tired. I feel weak but i am still having strenght in my muscles. I also have fevers often. If i grab something i can feel my nerves in hand in a wierd way. I also have had small burning, needle feeling in my lower legs somethimes. When i sit down on toilet, my both legs go numb fast. I get weaker and weaker spec in combination with colds. I also have hyporeflexes in both knees. When i sleep, my spasms goes away. When i move.. I start hsbe twitch and spasms constant. Please what do you think about my symtoms? 2 months left for neuro appointment. I cant sleep right now and i cry all the time. Cant leave my love right now. Hugs and thanks for taking time

I ment Hyper reflex, not hypo

We got like same symtoms. Have you been to a neuro? You also live in Sweden. Keep me updated and good luck

I am in the process of being diagnosed. I live in Sweden as well.

If you have the possibility of travelling to Stockholm I would very much recommend going to Karolinska, Huddinge. I have been admitted there as well as done all my testing, and they have a lot of knowledge, patience and experience.

You are very welcome to PM me about this if you want information about Karolinska.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back