Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope things start to get better for you pager.

Al, I have a three-hour speech evaluation on Monday. That should provide enough evidence to warrant another EMG, which should show fibs at this point, given my increasing weakness.

Thanks Dusty.

Kosmo, the neuros confirm the facial atrophy, and the last neuro agreed that my left arm is smaller. He said to see an ENT and get an MRI of my face. He didn't think the facial atrophy was related to ALS because he hadn't see anything like it in his hundreds of ALS patients. I went to an ENT I had seen before, and he refused to do the MRI. He said that the MRI would include the brain too and that it could show a tumor or other problems that would be difficult to biopsy or treat. So I said that you don't want to do the MRI because it could show the cause of the problem. He didn't answer.

This was the second time that I tried to get an ENT to investigate my face. The first ENT, about 8 months ago, didn't answer either when I brought up the issue, other than to say that he wondered why a neurologist would want an ENT to look at atrophy, so that went nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back