Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
new york
City
buffalo
Starting about a week ago. I was on the computer and my right arm was shaking. Then i my left arm felt numb. Now my muscles are twitching. There is no muscle weakness though. Now today i have a stiff neck, and i keep getting this feeling around my body like I'm being poked with a needle. I'm scared. This all happened about a week ago. I went to the doctors and he told me that all my muscles worked and my reflexes were good. Then he told me that middle aged people get ALS and not to worry. But i can't help it. Do these symptoms sound like ALS. I'm only 15. I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feeling but I'm just not ready to die. Especially from this cruel disease. I also feel a little lightheaded and my hands stiffen up on and off sometimes. I play alot of video games though so that might be from that. Any input and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

anyone please can you give me some insight

We are not doctors here but just the same I feel confident giving you this advice: I bet your nerves and muscles are over-worked from the video games.

Here's what I think you should do: cut down by half the amount of time you play. (I know! Nobody wants to hear this!) Then spend a half hour every day out walking your dog. If you don't have one, find an older person in your nieghborhood who needs to have a dog walked. If you hate dogs, go shoot some hoops ro ride a bike or something.

If you still feel bad after resting your muscles from computer use and after getting outside 30 minutes a day, come back and tell us.

You are going to have a long and happy life. Listen to your old Aunt Cindy!:smile:

HI my name is john I hope your dr is not right. I have had als 17 years . I worked
out alot . I just got my first pc I love it .I know its hard try to keep smiling .
god bless. haers my email [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back