Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
LA
City
New orleans
Hello, I am a 30 year old father of 3. I recently started having some stiffness and fatigue in my hands/wrists. Throughout the week I have developed twitches, and muscle cramps all over. I am also very fatigued. I have seen my primary care and she seemed to dismiss my concerns. I feel like the fatigue and muscle soreness is getting worse. Did anyone experience symptoms similar to this at first? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

No, those are not ALS symptoms. You might want to look at sleep, stress, hydration, exercise and diet to work on the general causes of the symptoms you have.

I appreciate your response. I also have been having a lump in the back of my throat. Sometime when I breathe it almost feels like a spasm. I understand this could be anxiety, but is that a symptom of bulbar als?

Please read this link

It discusses globus sensation, sensation of lump in the back of the throat, which is extremely common and has nothing to do with ALS.

As Karen shows with that link - definitely not a bulbar symptom that you describe. My husband died of bulbar onset ALS, it's nothing like what you are experiencing I can totally assure you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back