Diagnosis
06/2012
Country
US
State
NY
City
Maspeth
I am mad my dad is not here to celecbrate his wedding anniversary with my mom. I am mad I can't call and wish you "happy anniversary". I am mad that I am not going to hear about where you went to eat. I am mad I won't hear about what you ate. I am mad. I'm so mad I can't stop crying. I guess I am admitting that your death makes me mad.

I'm so sorry that you are hurting, I wish that I could take the hurt away. Sending you hugs, prayers and peace for you and your mother.

Not that this will help at all, but what you're feeling is normal... it's normal to feel anger at a loss, especially if your Dad was young.

I lost my Dad 13 years ago, about 8 weeks after the birth of my youngest child, and I remember the last time I saw him over my house was when he popped over to give me a yellow rose to congratulate me.

AT some point you won't be mad any longer, you'll be able to remember with great fondness even the stuff that used to drive you crazy about him.

Sending you a hug and peace.

It is okay for you to feel those emotions. Mom passed away from ALS in 2004. I did not know what to do for Dad when it was their anniversary, so I sent him some cookies. When it was Mom's birthday and she was in Heaven, I sang her happy birthday out loud:) May the Lord give you His grace, peace, and mercy as you are walking down this road. ~ Judy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back