Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Toronto
Hey everyone. I came across with this website and wanted to share my experience with you to get some advice and thoughts. My story is very exhausting and I am so tired of thinking about this. I have devoloped a lot of mental problems regarding this problem. So here’s my story;
I am 27 year old male living in Toronto Canada. I want to point out that I have always had health anxiety problems in my life. I used to go to doctor get checked for different reasons some time before but this is something extraordinary for me and I can’t find any solution for almost 2 years.

I started having some symptoms 2 years ago when my friend first told me that my left jawline was somehow looking swollen. I didnt care too much about it at the time but after about 5-6 months, I actually started to realize it more in the selfie pictures that I take and it got worse and worse. I wanted to go to doctor to get it checked. The doctor seen it and wanted ultrasound. The results were saying there is a bit of increase in the size of my lymph nodes but the doctor told me it’s nothing to worry about. I felt good and went home.

After some time I started to have that swelling on my right jawline as well and realized actually my whole face was getting swollen. Along with that I started to have big problems of my swallowing. I feel like something stuck there but I have reflux problems with my stomach so it may trigger it as well.

Then my toes started to feel so weird with the sensation of cold and hot. Sensation has changed in my toes and there is huge weakness on my frontal foot. I feel like I am stumbling onto something while I am walking. I feel like my legs are not under my control. I realized this problem more when I wore my flipflocks. I am seriously having problems with my walking.

Anyways, I went to doctor again with my swelling problem of my head and my neck. The doctor ordered CT scan of head and neck. He also ordered MRI of my brain. Everything came up clear. No problem at all!

I felt better after the results and went home again. But then more problems started to occur. I have always been working all my life and I know how to put on weight and lose weight according to my macro adjustment but I realized that my strength at the gym is somehow getting decreased and I cant lift what I used to lift while I am working out my triceps.

I dont know if all of this related to my huge anxiety but I started to have exactly same weakness that my toes have! I feel like my elbows are changing and having muscle athrophys. Then my lips started to feel weak and I cant even smile properly anymore. I feel like my head is getting heavier and my lips are loose. I cant control my facial muscles as before. I also have left eyelid and both legs twitching problems while I am taking rest. My eye lid is only twitching when I blink little stronger but sometimes on its own.

I went to doctor again and he told me my testosterone levels are so high so he had to refer me to endocrinologist and also he refered me to neuroligst but in canada it takes a year to see neurologist and I dont know what to do. I am so scared and feel terrible for 2 years but its at peak levels now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I removed your photos because they are not helpful here.

It is much more likely that seeing the endo is important than seeing the neurologist. High testosterone levels can cause many problems such as those you describe, and could also relate to other problems that could relate to your issues.

So I would strongly suggest that you see the endo, with a one-page summary of what is consistently different from before, and keep in touch with your GP.

At the same time, your anxiety is obviously very troublesome for you so I would suggest new, more, or better counseling. Like any other condition, the first clinician you find isn't always the right one.

I don't believe you have ALS or anything like it.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back