Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
PT
State
Porto
City
Felgueiras
So i promised myself I would not post here again but I'm really scared about my breathing issues.
So I have widespread fasciculations and breathing problems for 4 months now.
I can't take a deep breath and feel short of breath after exercise.
I don't have stomach and I feel bloated but I don't think that's why I can't breathe deeply. Honestly it feels I can't get enough air into the lungs no matter how hard I try and i keep thinking about respiratory onset ALS. I'm so scared...

And what does your doctor say? About your symptoms and about your fears?

You are asking strangers on the Internet to diagnose you when you've already been told you're not describing ALS. This isn't an anxiety support forum and no one here will be able to calm you. Stop thinking about "respiratory onset ALS", rarest of the rare and seek treatment for your anxiety.

I'm actually currently taking anxiety medications, I am 20 by the way. I know it's rare but hey I got stomach cancer at 19, I was told it's "extremely rare", only a few cases were reported in my country (Portugal) so while it's rare it's not impossible. I haven't seen a doctor yet... I have trouble breathing and taking deep breaths is almost impossible for me now. Also it seems to get a little worse when lying down. I had a chest x-ray 4 months ago and it was all normal. I have twitching in many spots now (near ribcage, hands, even neck). So yeah I'm extremely worried it is ALS and just wanted to ask if someone has\knows someone with respiratory onset, how does it feel? From what I've searched I seem to have most symptoms...

We don't describe "how it feels" here because it will validate unfounded fears and increase anxiety in those already anxious.

If it were becoming impossible for me to breathe, I would be booking an appointment asap vs. googling symptoms and trying to self-diagnose. Why don't you make the call now?

Thanks for the replies, it's not impossible for me to breathe, just very hard to take deep breathes. I've done the math and chances of me having respiratory onset ALS is 1 in 50 millions but that doesn't help my anxiety though. I will try to book a appointment but I'm afraid of the possible diagnosis though
Thanks for the replies though

You have ZERO ALS SYMPTOMS and you need to stop this.

Well I'm sorry if I'm bothering you guys but having trouble taking deep breaths 24\7 is very difficult and it definitely feels like my breathing muscles are weakened and I don't know what other disease could cause that so...
Anyways thanks for the replies.

Best to all

Tink, you know the rules: Don't open new threads. IF you must post anymore, go back to using your thread called "Weird Symptoms."

This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back