Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right Gooseberry and the reason I asked the question. I am hoping that everyone on here who struggles with family realize that family comes in so different ways. My best friend lost both her husband and son in four years and I was there for her and her every step of the way.. They are now my family and keep me going. Family, is the people who matter to you and your life. We don't need to waste a lot of time trying to convince our family members that they are needed and to play well right now. As a CAL I know that I want all his family to understand that time is precious and they should be here. His children choose to continue on with their own life's and friends so have not seen him once.

Right now, all we want is our PALS to be happy and loved. It is with us every waking moment. We need to understand that they are happy and loved and they are. There may be family members who can't or won't be there to support them and some have their own agendas. They may be family but they do not and cannot have the right to be around to upset us. Time is to precious to spend energy trying to change them or their feelings. Tell them to read up on ALS and what it is actually all about and hope they come around and come to support. I say cloak the PALS in love and stop short at nothing else.

"I say cloak the PALS in love and stop short at nothing else."
Here. Here. Well said.

Atsugi Wow! I cant imagine my reaction once i found something like this out!

Paulette, you have a lot more patiencene Then this 6 foot redhead. I say keep the people around you that love the both of you and can be civil. The sun sounds like he needs a good psychiatrist. I am an only child with no kids and no close family and every time I hear heartbreaking story like yours I am almost grateful. My husband's kids visit when they can and are always welcome. And they are very careful to not cause me stress. They even do the ALS walk for me where they live in Texas. It will just be us this Christmas and that's fine with me. I'm so sorry that this conflict is hurting your husband. We are always here and feel free to rant. What are friends for?
Hollister

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back