Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
33 year old, female here. I, like i see many other people on here, have been having twitching symptoms for 12 days now. It started in my left bicep/tricep almost non-stop for 4 days and then kind of stopped there and now it's just kind of randomly all over at random times throughout the day and night. I stopped working out for a week to see if it would stop and decided to go back to work out since it kind of slowed down a bit, but while i was working out my left tricep starting twitching like crazy (while I was using it), which made me wonder how can it be the BFS because when i read about BFS it said that it won't twitch when you use the muscle. Now i read a bunch of other people's posts on here and it made me feel better, at least I'm not the only one that has this problem apparently. I passed the strength test at the doctor last week and I have an EMG scheduled for a week from now per my request. When I went to the doctor she tested my reflexes and she said "hm they are good, almost too good." uhhhh.. ok? So what exactly is hyperflexia?? It was the same on both sides. How do you know if it's hyperflexia or you just have good reflexes? I can't seem to find anywhere that has an answer. I'm hoping I just have low magnesium.. waiting for bloodwork to come back.

Hi Kim
Good reflexes are not hyper.
Start with the link I will include at the end of this post, it answers your questions. You are not the only one with the problem of believing that twitching means you are about to die, but it's just not true. Twitching means nothing, if you read a bunch of posts you probably saw us type that over and over.
Have a good long read here, we recommend you read it twice as there is a lot of information in this and it saves our members who use their eyes to operate a computer from having to type the same things out ☺
Come back and let us know how the EMG goes, we can't really tell you anything about your situation until you have those results.

Thank you. I think I found another forum for people like me if you want to share with other worriers .. aboutbfs.com. I’ll just have to wait for the EMG results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back