Diagnosis
03/2018
Country
US
State
OH
City
Westlake
I'd like to know if anyone has tried the hyperbaric chanber? I've heard great things about it but my insurance won't cover it. I'd like to know if several people went in together and shared the cost and shared the chamber. We can't waste time!!

This is usually a scam treatment. It was also offered as a cure-all in the autism community (it does not cure autism). It's not without risk either. One autistic child died in a HBOT chamber.

The Mayo Clinic supports hyperbaric chamber treatments. You can make an
appointment with them to have that treatment. But.... there's a lack of positive
evidence that is beneficial for Neurological diseases. Maybe a good question
for Dr.B at Duke for his opinion.

Last edited:
Dr B is part of ALS Untangled so that report likely reflects his opinion since he signed off on it.

Mayo and other places of repute use hyperbaric chambers for specific proven purposes Hyperbaric oxygen therapy - Care at Mayo Clinic - Mayo Clinic. Do you know for sure Al that they are using it for ALS? It doesn’t say so on the link and I would be surprised if they did given the lack of proven benefit and possible dangers

Nikki, I'm in the same frame... I don't think Mayo has considered it for Neurological
diseases. As I wrote... "there's a lack of positive evidence that is beneficial for
Neurological diseases." There are other med facilities considering it for Alzheimers
which has my attention for Ann. It's a new approach of treatment. In some certain
circumstances Medicare will pay for the sessions. ??

If you read about how it puts oxygen into your blood and how that encourages
healing even internally. But... I guess the question now is... what and where"
Maybe the brain too?

As far as I have seen in an individual who tried HBOT, it did nothing and cost a fortune. That is anecdotal, mind you, as that is the only person I know to have done this type of treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back