Reason
PALS
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Mississauga
hi, i'm 39 with a 3 year old boy. i was diagnosed 2 years ago and am feeling robbed! my friends are pushing this chamber thingy. any suggestions/ comments/ experiences?
thanks, Shawn

Hi Shawn -

If you scroll to the bottom of this page then click on the ScamWatch link, you might be able to find some info about this.

Liz

I haven't heard of any good evidence it helps anyone other than scuba divers with the bends or people with severe smoke inhalation.
AL.

My DH did a study at the University of Miami where his group of five PALS went into the hyperbaric chamber for one hour - five days a week - for eight weeks. Conclusion....his group and the placebo group had no significant differences.....it was a bust - but PALS will go through studies like that in order to someday find answers so we are not sorry we gave up all that time. We also met some wonderful PALS, CALS and health care workers!

thanx for your help! i just don't want to leave any stone unturned, as i'm sure you all can relate!
thanx again, i love this site! too bad we need it:-D

Hi Elizabeth,

We know this must be a tough situation for you.

I have had someone close to me slip away

due to ALS. it was rather hard to deal with and

I wish I had the ability many years ago to put them in

a chamber.

I cannot tell you what to do about in the ways you coupe with ALS, but

I can tell you hyperbaric chambers are showing amazing

results for many neurological brain disorders such

as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, ms, Autism etc.

Lou Gehrig’s Disease, on the other hand, we both know is

a very aggressive disease and it would

be nice to start your treatment as soon as possible.

Even home portable chambers on the market are showing the same

results from hospital/clinic quality chambers.

Which in my opinion, owning a home chamber should be covered by a medical provider.

You would need an oxygen source aswell.

It can work to slow the progress of the disease,

hey nothing else is working. what do you have to lose?

Hyperbaric chamber is the vehicle you use so you can

get higher atmospheric levels into your blood Stream.

If you want to hyper-oxygenate the tissues

Of the blood stream you must place your

Body in a pressure mechanism ( tank ) that is

higher than normal pressure.

If you breathe more oxygen at regular pressures,

you can only raise your oxygen level a little bit.

If you breathe more oxygen at higher pressures,

you can raise your oxygen level a lot as now your

blood can hold more oxygen.

I dislike ALS disease especially, and if I had the cure I would be spamming it.

Bless you Elizabeth and bless your family that supports you.

-SmartVitals

Very slick SmartV!

You didn't notice that this thread was 2 years old? Right! You didn't go digging for keywords now did ya?

It can work to slow the progress of the disease,

hey nothing else is working. what do you have to lose?

Where is the proof?

What we have to lose is our wallet!

You beat me by 3 minutes brooksea,
from posting the same conclusion as you have
cheers
Peter

Smartvitals- hmmmm does anyone else think that sounds like a company name or a fancy name for a sales person?

AL.

actually this is one thing i did think of for my son when we first found out it made sence to me muscle need oxygen i was all set to push the issiue with him untill..... i found out that it is nurons that is the problem not the muscles they just die as the result of the nurons....so this went right out the window along with other thing's i though of......maybe an old post but, it is a new idea to new people, glad i was not alone in think this was a possiabilty.... guess we are searching our souls out trying to find a way to fix or at least slow down this dirty end of the mop diease

Another cure for ALS

OK I got the latest idea of how we make this work. We build us all a lab under the ocean, say oh 500 foot deep, of course pressurized with oxygen, and we move and live there with each other. I will only need a small donation from each of you; of oh say $500,000 to get this started.
I know the checks in the mail, will be looking for it soon.

I just love it when people come in with one post and tell us what is good for us. I am not referring to any of the other posts except the one from SmartVitals. Seems it is a company that sales supplements and vitamins.

Calm down Al, you are getting on another Tirade. I'm talking my self down not you Grandpa AL. You go man. Keep them in check.

Last edited:
Hey, Michael Jackson used to sleep in a hyperbaric chamber and look what it did for him! :p:p

Writing that check Al! ;)

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (journal of)

Negative results of a phase II study of hyperbaric oxygen therapy for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
Julie Steele; Deepti Zutshi; Walter G. Bradley
Pages 274 – 275

Sounds like a company name to me Al.

Hey Barry, you mean I'll turn whiter and be able to dance?

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back