CALS
Country
TR
State
Bahçelievler
City
İstanbul
Hi everyone,
Firstly I would like to state that I realy need information and help about my father s ilnness, ALS in Turkey Can you please inform me about my questions ?
I searched that overdose B12 can help about symptoms . there can be a good improvement about weakness and atrphy is an als use overdose b12 (methycobalamin)
We could not find methylcobalamin in turkey but could find hydroxocobalin.
-> Is there anyone used hydroxocobalamin ampuole overdose, does it help ?
-> Do you know about side effects of hydroxocobalamin(For example 10 mg a day)
-> If I want to bring methylcobalamin ampuole by plane by 10 hours travel , is it posisible ? Does methylcobalamin need special conditions to bring?
-> mEthylcobalamin is much more expensive than hydroxocobalamin, can I find a way to buy this vitamin cheaper ?

Thanks thanks alot, please give me an answer.

They gave my husband b 12 shots before he got the diagnosis. They gave him energy but didn't really help his situation. 1000 Mg. I don't know anything about the other things you mentioned.
Welcome to our forum. Hopefully someone will be able to help you.

I know that you can test in the normal range for B12, and your body isn't using it... there is a blood test to check for this. Will his doctors give him B12 shots?

The B 12 test is called the Schilli ng's Tes t. Please ask your fathers doc tors about it. Are you asking us about the dosage or is it okay to over dose an amount of B 12?

Hi,

Doctor gave B12 shots to my father and we see that injection is good for my father. But this search is different. I really wonder if there is a good effect.

Is there any one who tried an injection like this?

Thanks

If you are asking if B-12 will make ALS better, the answer is no. It will not help with atrophy or muscle weakness from ALS.

If b-12 is low, it can cause some symptoms similar to early ALS symptoms, though. I have very low b-12 and give myself shots monthly. I also don't absorb it properly.

Most physicians will prescribe b-12 without a problem if it's needed. Training on the injections is pretty easy if pills don't work.vi wouldn't suggest overdosing amounts on any vitamin without doctor approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back