PALS
Diagnosis
04/2013
Country
US
State
Texas
City
I just ordered Hydrant Drinking Systems bottle it has a drinking tube with a leak-proof bite valve and a small clip to attach the tube to clothing, which places the bite valve closer to your mouth.

The bite value opens under pressure and closes when released; no need to twist or pull the cap to open.
The bottle also has a handle that clips to the bed, chair or wheelchair.

It looks like it would be very helpful for pals. I can no longer pick up or hold a glass or cup. I do not know how to post a pic of it here or I would have. Wholesale point online has them for $22. Other places they sell for $30.

Here it is

Attachments

• Hydrant Drinking Systems.jpg
    Hydrant Drinking Systems.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 285
Thanks for posting. I'm going to order one.

Will it work for coffee? I'm using a sippy cup just like the grandkids now and it embarrasses me. One more thing to get used to.

LOL! I was thinking the same thing! My poor husband has to hold my coffee cup for me. Sippy cup is a good idea though. Whatever works!

I use a camelbak and hang it next to my bed at night. I use a carbiner (sp?) Clip to hang it from my pac when I go out.

My first thought also, but a camelback doesn't like hot liquids.

and hang it next to my bed at night.

Are you guys finding that you have constant dry mouth? I've been having to get up a few times at night to use the toilet and get some water.

yes, but admit its better than the other extreme. up every 2 hours for toilet and drink, but able to go back to sleep

I received my Hydrant drinking bottle and it works great! Very happy with it.

My mom used this, and a camelback while in bed and when her condition became more advanced and she couldn't hold things any longer, they were both wonderful and highly recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back