Diagnosis
04/2012
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Ottawa
Am looking at the hybrids - they are both a rollator and a transport chair. They are light (18 - 20lbs), compact, have 7" or 8" castors for indoor & outdoor use and are easily folded and portable.

They retail for $169 to $250, depending on vendor and options. The most popular model in cyber space, seems to be the duet by the company drive medical.

No - my local loan closet does not carry them.

I'm liking the two in one idea. Has anyone tried these? Any good?

Costco has them, Elaine. I asked the OT at my mums place about them and she liked them. They seem sturdy and very practical and not expensive! Costco has a great return policy if you don't like it:)

I checked around and before I chose one a friend bought me one on sale at Walgreens or Rite-Aid. It was great but found out it was 2 inches too wide to fit through the bathroom door, so be sure to check the width of the chair and all your main doors.

My husband used one for almost a year. We got the Excel Translator Rolling Walker/Wheelchair. He used it as a rollator at home and as a wheelchair when we traveled. It is compact and folds quickly. I don't think it is that comfortable when you sit for a long time. ..... though he did not complain when we pushed him around in it when we went for our daughter's graduation. In fact it was very convenient during that trip because since it was a combo.

I have the Airgo Fusion. So far, I've only really used it as a rollator.

I did try sitting on it once and had my brother push me. The seat is a bit too low for me (I'm 5'11", and it seems like the seat height for rollators are made for shorter people--few models come in a 'tall' size). Its adequate for level surfaces (like at a shopping mall), but not good at going over bumps (like curbs), where a wheelchair would be better.

I bought it because I thought that if I tired out and was far from the car, it would be better than nothing.

Thanks for input. I just today ordered the Duet, by drive medical. Bought it on AMA zon for $147. Saw it here in a store for $280 - medical equipment seems so much more economical in the USA.

Hope it's ok for me - my left arm doesn't work at all, do I'll only be able to break with my right. Not sure if I can attach an elbow trough for support, but we'll see what we can make ourselves.

if you want Hybrid rollator/chair then you can check medical supply equipment site. i think you can visit wuwmed.com . This site is medical supply provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back