Husband has pneumonia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had pneumonia five times - the last time last September (diagnosed April 08 with ALS). I know that for me when I was still able to cough normally it felt good and I got better much more quickly getting all the phlemg and gunk coughed up and out.

Hope your husband is feeling better really soon.

Do you have a suction machine? His body wants to get rid of the phlem and because of the weak cough it is hard to do. My dad gets suction daily because of persistant pnuemonia and phlem, without it he has trouble breathing and tries to cough constantly which wears him out. Maybe helping to remove the gunk would help?

Thanks Sandy - We've got one, but he is not keen on using it. I'll investigate further.

Coughing attacks are no fun but extremely beneficial. It is good he is getting rid of the phlegm. If he keeps coughing up phlegm that is good and the fact he does not have a fever is also a good sign. Keep coughing and it will soon be over!

I hope he improves soon, CJ. THis cannot be much fun! :(

I so hope your husband is improving again. That cough sounds to me like a good sign.

I've had pneumonia twice, and couldn't "cough productively" until I was almost well. When the pneumonia was at its worst, it was like my chest was full of concrete ... I could barely cough at all. Couldn't get a deep enough breath.

Hope this episode is over soon and he is past danger!
BethU

thinking of you cj!

CJ - I am sorry I didn't see this post before now. I am adding you and your husband to the top of my prayer list. Please continue to keep us posted on his progress.

My husband, Don, seems to be doing well! Thank you all for your support!

His NEW Respironics BiPAP was delivered today! The RT gave us so much information, more than the two respiratory company folks that are aligned with Emory! We used a local pharmacy/homecare company. The RT is co-owner. They are a small company, but have several locations in the Monroe/Athens GA area. Sometimes country folk are more attentive and passionate about what they do for a living and not bogged down by Big Business! This guy did not treat us like we wouldn't understand anything, but went in to detail about how the machine works. Can't say that I could explain it myself after listening to him though! LOL

Just the thought of getting a good nights sleep has buoyed my husband's spirits! He has been short tempered and had a headache for weeks.

My heart goes out to all of you! You are all so very special.

Amen!

I have been thinking about you for the past few days......I am SO:-D happy to hear from you and mrgreen:hubby is doing better........Sure missed your humor and helping advice around here!

Missed You
netty

I am so sorry CJ. I will keep your husband in my prayers. I have not been there yet so I don`t know what to tell you. I am also praying for you, because we need a lot of prayers also. Hang in ther sweetie.
God Bless You and Your Family
Debbie

Hi CJ. I bet Don's quality of life improves on the bi-pap. Glad to hear things are improving!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back