gapeach

Country
US
State
alabama
City
lanett
Hi,
My husband was diagnosed last Thursday with ALS. His is mostly in the bulbar area and has already affected his breathing. The put him on a Bipap machine, suction machine and trying to get the ok from ins for a coughalator. We went to the Gastro dr today to see about a feeding tube which they are putting in on Tuesday. We can't believe so much as happened so rapidly. He just starting have a little slurring in May. Quite a shock to us but God had given us such strength through it all. I wish the best for all of you that are struggling with this disease and have been for a while. We have so many people praying for us and we can really tell it. I am sure we will back to post with many questions but right now we are just kind of numb.
gapeach:- :-D

Sorry to hear the news peach. Let us know how you are doing when you get time and are ready. AL.

doing pretty good

Al,
We have a strong church behind us and are on so many prayer lists that God has given so much strength through this. We do feel like we are in a whirlwind with so much happening so fast but God has been there through it all. We have had so many outpourings of love from people. God's grace is sufficient for today and that is all we try to do is take care of today and not think ahead and worry. God knew this was coming. It was not a surprise to Him as it was to us and He really is in control. That doesn't mean that I don't think there will be alot of hard days ahead. I know there will be. My husband is having his feeding tube put in next Tuesday. We are headed for Gulf Shores, AL tomorrow for 3 days of rest and relaxation with our son & daughter-in-law. We need it. I am thankful for this board! My daughter-in-law had melanoma 2 years ago and I have been following the Melanoma board since then. These boards are so helpful. We will be praying for all of you! It is a horrible disease and hard to deal with.
gapeach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back