Not open for further replies.

Sammantha

Country
Uni
State
NC
City
Newport
Oh my gosh i just got out of the shower and was dizzy, i started having shortness of breathe and the bottom of my throat feels closed up like i am being choked. My voice quickly became hoarse and gravely, and i cant get rid of mucus which i think the shower brought on... This is a distressing feeling, why would humidity bring that on?

Oh my gosh i just got out of the shower and was dizzy, i started having shortness of breathe and the bottom of my throat feels closed up like i am being choked. My voice quickly became hoarse and gravely, and i cant get rid of mucus which i think the shower brought on... This is a distressing feeling, why would humidity bring that on?

It sounds allot like a panic attack. Sometimes people start to hyperventilate without any reason. I sometimes get 'attacks' of extreme lightheadedness, which makes me feel scared.. which usually results in a full blown panic attack.

I get really tired in the shower but I think it is more the heat on my muscles.

If I have the humidity on my Bipap turned too high I have difficulty breathing. Not sure why but even in high humidity in summer I find discomfort. Maybe moist air carries less oxygen or is harder for lungs to process?

AL.

I have heard people complain about their difficulty breathing when it is horribly humid out, maybe the hot and steamy shower exacerbated your current situation? Was it especially long, especially hot? It sounds unpleasant, and I hope it is an isolated event for you.

Lydia

Sam,

Keep the door open or the exhaust fan on next time.

Thanks for the responses this is the first time it has ever been that bad, ofcourse now that it has turned cold I am just starting to take hot hot showers. I did have the door shut and i have a very small bathroom.. It took a good three hours for my chest to stop aching and for me to breathe normally. My head felt like it was being squeezed all day long.. I will definelty take the advice about the fan and keeping the door open.. I felt like the way i do when i am in an airplane and taking off, nauseous, dizzy and pressure in my head, half of the day. Crazy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back