Status
Not open for further replies.
Christy, I am also praying for you and your husband.

Hi Christy,

We haven't heard from you in a few days and I just wanted to check in. I hope that Dave is feeling no pain and that the swelling is decreased. Please know that we are thinking about you guys and that we all care very much.

Sandy

Please, know you are not alone in this. We are all standing with you with our prayers.

Philippians 4
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

13 I can do all things, through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Oh, guys thanks for asking.

Daves swelling is still there, they put him on water pill to help. He is sick again, congested with very little air movement. They said there was nothing else they could do for him and tol him that it was between him and God now. They told me it was just a waiting game now.

I got a phone call today from a chiropractic wanting me to let him see Dave, that he has helped others that are inmobile and stroke victims and wanted to try and help
Dave. He asked how Dave was and I told him he is bed ridden, cant talk, and can barley breath, and He said time is of the essence. He was going on about how his kids have never been sick in the last 5 years, and that he wasnt in this for money but that chiropratice work has helped alot of people with cancer and so on and so forth. He was very pushy I think, but he caught me sooooo of gard too.:shock:
I didnt know what to think. Dave started out seeing a chiroptractor when this first started and it didnt do a darn thing for him. I just dont know what to think.

Anyways once again we will see what God has in store of Dave, is this the time no one but he knows, but Dave has pulled through so many times I just dont know.

Thanks to all of you for being there for us.

I just wish you could fiind a way to keep Dave comfortable. I can see, too, why you are not sure about the Chriopractor. I've met some responsible ones but you don't need anyone who thinks their treatments are a one-size-fits-all solution. I'm not worried about them doing harm but it sounds like Dave's body doesn't need extra poking and prodding right now.

Dave deserves peace and comfort. So do you. Hugs, Cindy

My First Tho't When I Read About The Chiropractor Wanting To See Dave,
Was 'oh My Gosh, Please Don't Do That'. Als Is Not Something That Can
Be Cured Or Even Helped. It Is Incurable, And We All Know It.

I'd Do Anything In The World To Bring My Husband Some Relief And
Comfort, But Some Days It Is Not Meant To Be. All I Can Do Is Pray
And Be By His Side At All Times. He Does Not Want Anyone With Him
But Me, And It Wears Me Out. But I Know He'd Do It For Me.

I Feel Twinges Of Guilt Daily For Sometimes Wanting This To All Be
Over, For His Body To Be Made Whole Again With The Lord, And For
Me To Gain Some Semblence Of Normalcy, If That Is Ever Going To Be
Possible Again.

Then I Read These Posts And Realize Lots Of Other Caregivers Feel The
Same Way. It Is Hard On All Of Us, And As One Person Wrote, The Stress
Is Almost Unbearable.

Jackiemax

Christy,

I'm so sorry. This is the hardest part for us caregivers and maybe a less difficult part of the illness for our PALS... he is sedated and feels relaxed but your mind is in turmoil. You've been by his side throughout his illness and all of the ups and downs have probaby worn on your emotions. It gets so hard to think and feel after a while. I hope that Dave is comfortable and that you can find some solace in that. It's not easy to accept his situation or the one that you're in either, I know this, but if you believe deep down that you will be okay, then you will be. So many people have told me that lately and I'm doing my best to believe in myself, believe in my strength and that it will get me through the last leg of this journey. That is what it is you know, a journey... a hard one that will affect us for the rest of our lives in ways that many will never understand. Waiting for something after this, will never be the same. There is no worse torture than waiting and watching someone that you love slowly fade in and out. It wrenches the gut and tears hole after hole in your heart. We will get through this though and will carry so many experiences that are precious, so many great memories and a closeness with our PALS that nothing can take away. This experience will make us better people down the road, capable of seeing the difference between what is trivial and what really matters and knowing that when it really mattered, we acted and put forth every effort to do the best we could in a horrible and difficult situation. We looked evil in the eye with our PALS and helped them stand and fight for as long as they could. When they could no longer stand, we stayed by their side and fought for them, protecting them as long as possible, loving and caring for them against the odds...

Sandy

I have been helped a lot by chiropractic treatments. It is not a cure, but sure has helped releave pain when things get jammed up. It will not hurt to let him try, I just hope he is sincere and not trying to scam you!

David is Free.............

HI all

Dave passed Sunday eve. He fought a long hard battle but he is now free of all the pain and suffering.

Dear Christy,
I am so sorry for you. Dave is free but I know your heart is broken, there are no words, just please know you are in my heart.
God Speed Dave~
In Friendship
Jeannie

Christy, may Dave rest in peace. He is free of this torment, bless his soul. You take care of yourself. I know it's hard, all you can do is take it one day at a time. Condolences and prayers your way. Thanks for letting us know, and God bless.

Irma

Christy,

I am happy for Dave that he is finally free and so sad at the same time for your loss. He now has peace and is somewhere where his body cannot restrict him any longer...

If you ever want to talk, please send me a private message and I'll call.

Sandy

sorry

Hi Christy,

I am so happy that Dave is finally free and comfortable. I am sorry for your
loss. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. GOd bless you.

sheryl

I pray you can have peace in knowing his suffering is finally over. May God comfort you and your family.
Angel-1.jpg

Christy,

I am so very sorry you lost Dave. He is at peace now. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back