Status
Not open for further replies.
Christy ... I'm praying for you guys also. I hope Dave is kept comfortable and pain free and that you stay strong.

A suggestion: If you use the fentanyl patch, be sure to check it frequently. My husband uses it, and the adhesive is not good. Within an hour sometimes, half of it will be detached from his skin. Sometimes it falls completely off. I use medical tape on top of it to make sure it is tight to his skin.

Bless you both.

call

Hey Christy,
I am glad that the phone call was helpful. I had forgotten that your Dave has a GT.
There are several meds that you can give thru the g-tube in liquid form as well as
crushing pills. I am so glad to hear that he is comfortable. This diease stinks so bad.
Scottie justs wants to die. He is having increasing difficulty swallowing. I so want to
have comforting words for him, but there is nothing to say. We have chosen not to
have a FT or trach. I fear that time is short here and hope that he will find peace
one day. thanks for listening. I will keep praying for you and Dave. You are a
wonderful wife and caregiver. you will be blessed for the things you do today.
sheryl wife of scottie diagnosed nov 06

All I could possibly say is summed up in this:
JesusgreetingInt.gif

Christy,

I'm so sorry to hear about how things are going with you right now. There is nothing harder!

I read your post from the other day talking about how you feel you're blowing it and I have to comment. I have felt that way myself, in relation to friends, family, work, etc. and you know what? That's not totally the case. We all react differently to these types of situations and we do what we need to do to get through each day. Some days that feels impossible and we make choices we aren't proud of. However, the people who love you accept that and although they may be on the sidelines, they are just waiting for you to invite them in. They will be there for you when you are ready to let them. I've pushed my friends away and sometimes I feel all alone but it's my own doing and I know it's temporary. I pushed them because I don't want to spend every minute talking about my Dad's health... and when I'm not with him, most times it is much easier to just be alone. When he is gone, I will get to fall apart and if I let them, my friends will help pull me back together. Same goes for you! True friends won't let this keep them away, they are just giving you the space you've pushed for.

These are hard times and I don't have a great suggestion for how to get through them. Our loved ones are in very similar places right now and you know that I know how you feel. If you want to talk about it and share a drink over the phone, send me a message and we can arrange it. I could probably use it, could you? Although it is easier to isolate right now, there are times where that is damaging... but there really are no right ways to cope with what you're going through. There are many wrong ways though so be careful that you don't bring harm to yourself. Keep in mind what a support you have been to your husband through this and that no matter how imperfect you may feel, you alone have insured him the best quality of life possible. It's a big responsibility but you've done that and you should have no regrets. NONE. Pain yes, that's something you cannot escape.

Take care of yourself and know that my offer of a drink & friend to blow off some steam with are real.

Sandy

swollen

Does any one have any idea why Dave hand would feel as if they are on fire, red, and so swollen in his arms legs and hands that it is becoming very pain to move him?

Please any ideas would be great.

Dear Christy,
I would probably call his dr. I am no dr but it sounds like some sort of infection to me. I hope you are ok Please let us know how he makes out with this
In friendship
Jeannie

Christy, I am so sorry for what you are experiencing with Dave's illness. I am sorry I am just now replying, but I have been on a bumpy roller coaster myself. I have been through soooo much in the last 4 months, and that's not counting when my son became ill and passed 15 months after diagnosed. I really don't know what is going on with my life. I have not done a thing to no one, and all of this is happening. Whatever few years I have left in my life has been nothing but "pure hell." One thing after the other, and it hasn't quit. I have heard that there is a reason for everything that happens.

I have not been posting much because of issues. Last Thursday I went into the hospital and had a complete hysterectomy (OUCH) That was quite an experience, but I did great. I came home Sunday, and am up and about,(no lifting) I am still sore, and walking around like a robot.

Christy, I am so sorry for what Dave is going through. I have not finished reading your posts, but I will. Please don't feel bad for giving him permission to depart. I had to tell my son to please stop holding on. I told him it was his time to go, and Jesus was carrying him Home. God, I can still remember, and it breaks my heart.

I will be praying for you and Dave. May he have a peaceful departure. Does he have a suction machine?
May God bless each of you.

Irma

I agree with jeannie, it could be an infection and needs to be looked at right away.

little update

Dave has been sleeping mostly all the time now. He cant communicate any longer, and is just in a blissful slumber most of the time. When he is awake is moans and coughs while he is I guess awake.

I set her and watch him and wonder how much longer he will be here, what is next?

I am so sorry Christy. You are in my prayers.
Andrea - wife of Pals Jim.

I'm sorry Christy that things are at this point. It gets to where you want him to just sleep if being awake is painful. I can relate to that all to well and it sucks. Please know that you are in all of our thoughts at this time.

Sandy

Christy you are in my thoughts and my heart goes out to you and your husband. I'm so very sorry.

Christy,
My support is with you also, please know that we are praying for you-
Regards,
brenda

Dear Christy
I just wanted to check and see how you and Dave are doing.
I was thinking of you
In friendship
Jeannie

Hi Christy
Just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and
we will be praying for you both! I am glad that Dave is
comfortable. Take care.

sheryl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back