Not open for further replies.

lizzy

Country
CA
State
ontario
City
london
I posted a few times on this site with questions and concerns over my dh illness and it's been 3 years of back and forth w/o diagnosed, until now.
We have just been told that he has a brain injury caused by encephilitis that went undiagnosed at the time. He will not be able to improve or recover the damage that has been done but if he improves his excercise etc. his muscles may stay strong enough that he will not continue on a path to wheelchair and further.
I want to thank everyone who responded and posted to my threads and who help so many people on this site. I also want to say I have the deepest respect for all of the PALS and CALS that deal with the disease every day and wish you all the best. I have learned so much about ALS and will continue to support the cause in every way I can in the future.
Stay strong and don't give up the fight!

lizzy,
That's great that he doesn't have ALS! I will keep you both in my prayers for a long, happy life together,
wishing you the best,
brenda

Lizzy, thank you for sharing this. I'm so glad it's not ALS, and that his condition will not deteriorate. I wish the both of you all the best.

Lizzy,

I know what you and your husband must have gone through. My mother came down with the same brain malady when a staff infection went awry after orthoscopic knee surgery. My mother was out of her mind, in a place far away where she couldn't be reached. The doctors caught it in time and loaded my mom up with antibiotics. It brought her back.

It is good to know that your husband can maintain where he is with exercise and will not get any worse.

The very best of everything to you!

Zaphoon

Last edited:
Good news Lizzy. Take care.

AL.

Good news, take care of yourselves :smile:

Lizzy,

That's great news!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back