Hoyer pep talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Betty, they should be able to come from the local or regional visiting nurse association. The clinic should be able to make a referral.

Reactions: bhg
Depending on the plan, your doc writes an order for a home health agency to send a PT or OT that they contract with, for a specific purpose, like setting up a passive ROM exercise regimen that the CALS implements, or training on "home adaptations" and/or the Hoyer, respectively. Your clinic may recommend a certain agency or two, but any in your network will be reimbursable, a point to remember since you may not agree with the clinic's faves. This is one way to get familiar with a home health agency that you might be considering as a hospice, if they do that, as well.

Reactions: bhg
I heard from the DME that they can deliver a lift on July 1st. Question about slings:

Several positive comments were made about the Liko high-back hygiene sling. The sizes overlap a bit - Large says 154-220 and XL is 198-286. I'm about 210. Any suggestions on size? I don't want to make a mistake as they are non-returnable and about $700.

Any other suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Bill, I can't speak to the sizing, but check ebay.

I bought the Drive Medical Padded U Sling, with Head Support, Medium on Amazon for $110. I've been using it for 3 years. I'm paralyzed from the shoulders down and my neck isn't very strong. I imagine that at some point l will need better head support. I'm 5'9" and 150lbs.

I would go with the Large unless you are pretty stocky for your height, Bill. Using the cradle hooks, you can adjust positioning if there is pressure, but when openings are too large, they are too large. There are many such adjustments shown in the brochure.

We had the Large. My husband was about 6'2" and around 210.

Let me send you a Large to try out. Then you will know for sure. Shipping should be less than $20 to PA. If you would like to do that, send me a PM with contact info.

My best...

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back