Not open for further replies.

whimsy_1971

Country
US
State
Illinois
City
Noble
Can anyone give me any advice on how to use a hoyer and allow your Pal to use the restroom.

Im puzzled. My husband has lost his leg use and we were brought a hoyer and was shown how to use it today. Which seems possible to use, but still some what complicated to use for one person, but going to have to work on that a bit. There is only a small opening in the middle of the material that lifts the Pal to allow for his bottom. So Im just a little unsure how he is to use the bathroom.

Hi whimsey. My wife puts the sling on when I'm in my W/chair or bed. She puts me over the commode chair and puts me down, removes my snap on pants because they slide well on the plastic, pulls the sling off and I do my business. When I'm done she comes and does the paper work, slips the sling back uunder me and drops me on my pants on the side of the bed, takes the sling off does up the snaps on pants, puts the sling back on and back in the chair I go. It's a bunch of transfers but after a week or so we're pretty good at it. Lee was aprehensive about it at first but practice makes perfect. You should see her swinging my butt around here. You'll be OK. Just takes a bit of getting used to. Let me know if you need more help.
AL.

Thanks for the info Al. I'm planning on getting a Hoyer lift and a ceiling lift to help with transfers. Also planning on a bidet toilet seat. Have you thought of that? Then no one has to do the "paper thing".

Sharonca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back