Blizna

Distinguished member
Country
CZ
State
CZ
City
Prague
Well, I was told by many neuros that ALS twitches can be recruited by tapping/grabbing on the muscle or slight voluntary contraction. Is that true?
From time to time Im really able to recruit twitches, like right now - my shoulder is twitching and when I tap/grab on it, it will do it again. Then it go away for a few days..usually I twitch a few times per hour.
It scares me because I see twitching even when I stretch the muscle. I know now we all are different but I still hope its not ALS since it comes and go :(

kathmc

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
02/2006
Country
US
State
ky
City
lexington
twitching

hello blizna,

like you said we are all different. So far touch doesn't trigger twitches but in the right places it does cause a strong spasm. I taught myself not to be ticklish on the soles of my feet at age 21 since my husband thought it great fun to sit on me & tickle the soles of the feet. When i no longer reacted it was no fun & he stopped. imagine my suprise at 53 years that they are tickish again & now at 59 a touch sends my whole body into a hard spasm. thank goodness the same man is no longer my husband.

kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.