Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Cobourg
If you wish to upload a custom avatar, and we suggest that if you can, you do - it's a nice way to add your personal touch to our forums.

Please refer to the attached image on this post for more information; it outlines where you'll need to click to find the appropriate User Control Panel (User CP) options.

1. Click on User CP (after you've logged in to ALSforums)
  2. Click on Edit Avatar
  3. Upload or enter a URL for your custom Avatar
  4. Click "Save" to save your changes to your profile (this will activate your custom avatar)

Attachments

• help-upload-custom-avatar.jpg
    help-upload-custom-avatar.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 227
Thanks David,

I don't have the window on step no. 3 on my CP. I'm running IE on an XP platform.
Any ideas what's wrong? Also still no smilies.

Cheers!

Hah! Got the smilies working!:mrgreen:
If anyone else is having trouble, go to CP then options. Down at the bottom is misc options and change your 'message editor' from 'Basic Editor' to the 'wysiwyg' editor.

Now if I can figure out this avatar...

Ahh, I think we can set that to default to WYSIWIG editor from here, I'll do that now.

I didn't realize it was defaulting to basic editor.

As far as the avatars, how strange, anyone else missing STEP #3?

David said:
Ahh, I think we can set that to default to WYSIWIG editor from here, I'll do that now.

I didn't realize it was defaulting to basic editor.

As far as the avatars, how strange, anyone else missing STEP #3?
Dave
I'm missing step 3. Tried all options for the interface, but still no step 3. The default still isn't WYSIWIG, but selecting it did give me step 3 anyway.
Pas

Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look now to see if I can default the editor to WYSIWIG

Ok, I think I've got it fixed for new users; unfortunatley anyone already a member will have to update their prefences to use the WYSIWIG editor

I tried :)

Hi David

Thank you for the info. I was wondering why some people had an avatar and some didn't. I learn something new every day. Have a good day. Raining in New Jersey! My Best to you, Beebe

David said:
Ok, I think I've got it fixed for new users; unfortunatley anyone already a member will have to update their prefences to use the WYSIWIG editor

I tried :)
Hi Dave
Still can't get step #3 to show up?:confused:

PAT

skode, please try again, you should now see step #3.

Ok just checking to see if this works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back