How to stop people from sending articles...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas933

Reason
CALS
Diagnosis
12/2018
Country
Uni
State
RI
City
Providence
Hi. This is a small thing but I have a dear friend who keeps sending me articles about research and treatments. And, it’s driving me a little nuts.

Not 1 single time have any of the articles been helpful or led to something we didn’t either 1)already know or 2) eliminate as an option. And, I don’t want to engage or discuss them or feel like I’m missing something I’m not. But, I know she is just trying to help and I feel like a B word for being annoyed.

Anyone else experience this?

If you're close, send a quick note -- "Love so much that you care, but honestly, I've done the research, so we're kind of past that. But it would mean so much if you could just <be with us/come by once in a while, whatever your heart's desire> at this point."

Thank you and we are really close which makes it hard because I know is hurting and just trying to help! She also helps out in so many other ways, I feel bad but I will send a note...thanks again!

Definitely this is awful and happens to so many of us.
You do need to kindly but firmly tell her that the medical diagnosis is correct, and that the non-medical claims out there are many but are just not what they seem. I like the strategy of then encouraging the person to become involved.

I had a similar issue and asked that a friend step in on our behalf. She contacted the person and said that she was sorting through all info on research, etc and requested that all info be sent to her and she would coordinate info as necessary. If someone sent us Articles or research, etc... I would tell them to contact Pat as she was sorting through that info for us. It helped tremendously.
T

Oh yes Codyclan I remember that, it was a good strategy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back