Diagnosis
01/2011
Country
US
State
CA
City
San Francisco
ALS disease includes common symptoms such as muscle weakness throughout the entire body. When your fingers and hands get weaker then how can you communicate by phone? I cannot pick up a handset and I cannot press the telephone keypad at all. I had to rely on my caregiver for each phone communication. It is not fun.
Recently, I achieved big success on the following project. It is working very well. I would like to share the information with everyone.
I purchased a new speaker phone; Clarity Fortissimo Giant Amplified Speakerphone and installed it into the existing phone landline jack with a phone splitter so that I still maintain the existing phone line set. With this new speakerphone, now I can answer any calls by myself, using my head movement just tapping a Clarity Pendant push button (mounted on wheelchair, head rest area) while I am sitting in a wheelchair. The good news is that I do not have to rely on a caregiver’s help for all phone communications any longer. I like it very much.
You may need the following items;
-Clarity Fortissimo Giant Amplified Speakerphone
-Clarity Pendant for Clarity-Fortissimo
-Clarity Pillow Switch
Also if you have Comcast land line;
Directory Assistance and Operator Services Exemption
http://media2.comcast.net/anon.comc...52015_Directory_Assistance_Exemption_Form.pdf

that's great :)

if you have an iPhone you can use Siri, and if the phone is plugged into power you can activate Siri by voice.

You can also use a jelly bean switch - so long as you can move a muscle it will work, be it finger, side of hand, elbow, knee, shoulder, head.

We are getting more innovations in technology all the time, thanks for sharing this important one!

'Grid 2' Software has the ability to control an infra-red handheld wireless phone....by eyegaze if the software is in a computer that is being eyegaze controlled.

Wonderful. I am sure this will help many people. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back