Not open for further replies.

Siam

Country
UK
State
London
City
London
Being rather early on in the process of having some sort of muscle wasting disease and already losing strength and ability to do what I have always taken for granted such as golf and other sports and the more recent hand dexterity challenges and then there is the swallowing sensations I have managed to convince myself that this is a slippery slope where the only way is down.
With it comes all sorts of thoughts mostly very negative. I think no need to elaborate as I am sure the audience knows only too well that process and content. Still pray tell me how on earth does one ever find the cloud with a silver lining to hang onto in all of this life degradation change?
For me nothing looks the same any more everything around me has changed.

It is a process that everyone goes through. Everyone's process is unique. For me it is was the fear of the not knowing what was wrong with me and thinking I was crazy. Once I got my answers I had lived with it for so long that the diagnosis didn't change anything except give it a name.

I had already made up my mind that I was going to do whatever I could to do what I wanted. I have learned to think outside the box, I go over it, around it, under it and sometimes through it. I have a disease, the disease does not have me. I have gotten creative and learned what I can do and for how long before I hurt myself.

I really believe it is how you looked at life before you got sick. If you were a Debbie downer and everything was crappy before then it will still be crappy and one long pity party. If you had a good outlook and made the best of it no matter what then that is what you do after your diagnosis.

It is called attitude. You have two choices...let the disease take over....or you take the disease by the horns and live, love and laugh.

like taking a punch....slowly you will get to your feet...johnny

Very eloquently put Johnny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back