Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jessica

I am soooooo sorry that you are going thru this. My mom is 57 and has recently been diagnosed. In my opinion it is very normal, my mom has been diagnosed back in Dec. I, too, am experiencing lots of anger and depression. Just see if you can find local support group for family members of PALS.

Be blessed

Jessica,
My dad too was diagnosed this year but in March. I understand what your going through except my dad has the slow progression. You and I are kinda in the same boat! Everyone is telling me that I have to face the fact that my dad has this nasty disease, but I honestly dont want to, because then it will be true. To me yes it is okay to feel very angry with what is going on. I am more than angry on whats happening to my dad. Like you I have a boyfriend who is willing to help in anyway he can, even if its just to sit there and listen to me vent or even helping around the house when he comes to visit. My mom(sorry mom) was put on some medicatin to help her with her anxiety and depression over this whole dream. It has helped her deal with the issuse and everything but it still doesnt dull the pain of my dad having this disease and his sympotoms getting worse. See my dad has an appointment on May 7th! And we are worried that its not really slow progression that its somewhere in the middle and they havnet told us that.

But good thoughts! And remember the fun stuff you have done with your dad and just keep a smile on when your around him as best as you can and then when your alone break down!(thats what I do!) Or anther good way that has helped my dad and I, is by joking! Not just about his newly found movement but just everyday things!

Just hang in there and just love him like you normally do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back