03/2011
Country
US
State
MO
City
California
before I can't handle this any longer?

My mother is dying from an incurrable disease and my marriage is crumbling and in shambles. Anything else want to fall apart now, too?

When is enough enough and our cross to bear become to heavy?

I'm so sorry... wish there were some magic words that I could say. Sending you a hug and prayers for strength.

I am so sorry to hear things are so crappy for you right now. Your post could have been written by me a few years back. You can private message me if you want and tell me more about the situation with your husband if you'd like. Is he not be supportive of all the stress you are under with your mother? My husband wasn't very supportive when my mother was sick. I think he was jealous of how close I was to her. I made the mistake of telling him that she meant more to me then he every would. Which is the truth but I never should of shared that.
You are under a tremendous ammount of stress. Take care of youself by getting enough sleep, eat well, and exercise. Spend as much quality time with your mother as you can. Now here is the most important part. Do something nice for youself. Call up a old friend and go out to lunch or movie. You must take care of you. Tell your husband what you need from him. Then do what I did when I felt I had way more then I could handle and was going to just give up. I prayed. I am not a holy roller as I call it either. Finally, I felt a tremendous weight lift off my shoulders. My marriage isn't perfect by any means but we saved it and its getting better and stronger everyday. Surround yoursefl with postive people and things as much as possible.
Wish I could give you a hug because I truly understand the pain you are going through. Take one day at a time. Things will get better. You can handle it and you will. KiM

I wish I had the words to bring you comfort.

Sending many prayers and a warm embrace.

Toto

Anything else want to fall apart now, too?

It can and it will! Hate to say it, but it is true. Just when we think NOTHING else can possibly turn into a cluster, it does. BUT - you CAN and WILL persevere! Stay strong and know that you are worthy of love and respect.

I'm sorry you are having such difficulties. Saying "it's not fair" just doesn't seem to sum up what ALS does to families.

It is not fair-- but you can make it through all this. I think the only way is just to put one foot in front of the other and keep on going each day.

Saw your post and wanted to say that I am sorry you are having so much trouble right now. When it rains it really does pour. Everyone you talk to has a plate full of crap anymore. Nobody is immune to the stresses of life and it sure is rough. Don't think to far ahead, get through today and then tomorrow and so on. I posted this on another post but if you read the Bible, there is an awesome scripitre, Isaiah 41:10. Hope it helps your day.

They often say to take things day by day. Unfortunately, sometimes we have to think in smaller terms...minute to minute.

You know what your priorities are. Do what you feel is right for you. I know that sounds lame, but I think too often we try to please too many at the expense of our own well being. With ALS, it seems to be worse. The monster gets a lot. Don't let it take your soul. Wish I could offer more.

Thank you. Having two toddlers, a sick mom, and fighting with the spouse is alot. I appreciate your support, the hugs and all help so much. This too shall pass, I know that, just sucks in the meantime and I know harm is being done that I just hope we can get back from. We went through similar drama when my dad was sick and passed and I just feel like I can't win, whatever i do or say is wrong and rubs him the wrong way. I'm sure we can work it out, if we both choose to. Its just finding a starting point while I have so much going on with my mom and the boys is so tough.

I appreciate all your support and hugs. Thank you for letting me rant and not passing judgement.
V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back