How many dogs does it take to change a lightbulb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarenNWendyn

Forum Supporter
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
US
State
OR
City
Southern Oregon
Here’s an old favorite, well-worth repeating.

How many dogs does it take to change a lightbulb?

Golden retriever: the sun is shining, the day is young, we’ve got our whole lives ahead of us, and you’re inside worrying about a stupid lightbulb?
Border collie: just one, and then I’ll replace any wiring that’s not up to code.
Dachshund: you know I can’t reach that stupid lamp.
Lab: Oh me, me!!! Pleeeze let me change the lightbulb! Can I? Huh? Huh? Can I?
Jack Russell terrier: I’ll just pop it in while I am bouncing off the walls and furniture.
Poodle: I will just blow in the border collie’s ear and he’ll do it. By the time he finishes rewiring the house, my nails will be dry.
German Shepherd: I’ll change it as soon as I lead these people from the dark, check to make sure I haven’t missed any, and make just one more perimeter patrol to see that no one has tried to take advantage of the situation.
Cocker spaniel: why change it? I can still pee on the carpet in the dark.
Doberman: well it’s dark, I’m going to sleep on the couch.
Rottweiler: Duh,, make me.
Beagle: you mean that thing I ate was a lightbulb?
Boxer: who cares? I can still play with my squeaky toys in the dark.
Chihuahua: Yo quiero Taco Bulb.
Irish wolfhound: can somebody else do it? I’ve got this hangover.
Pointer: I see it, there is, there it is, right there.
Greyhound: it isn’t moving. Who cares?
Yorkshire terrier: I’m overqualified. Have the boxer do it .
Australian Shepherd: first, I’ll put all the lightbulbs in a little circle.
Old English sheepdog: lightbulb? I don’t see any lightbulb.
Hound dog: ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz
Schnauzer: bark, bark, bark. I said the light bulb is out! Bark, bark, bark. What part of that didn’t you hear? I mean hello???
Shih Tzu: Who, me change a lightbulb? We are Royal descendants and we have staff to do that .

And what about cats?
Cats: Dogs do not change lightbulbs. People change lightbulbs. So the question is, how long will it be before I can expect light?

All of which proves, once again, that while dogs have masters, cats have staff ....

That joke has been around for years and I can’t claim credit for it. I have had 4 dogs over my lifetime. The only purebred, an Irish Terrier, was the most stubborn little dude on the planet. His answer to the lightbulb question would have been, “What’s in it for me?”

My mutts would have all changed the lightbulb willingly, if they could. My current dog, Jaime (pictured in my avatar), is part boxer and would have the boxer’s response, though she would oblige if given enough treats.

Karen, i grew up with Boxers and yeah they’re not very bright. I then had shepherds once married, they would have done it, then changes the others as a preventive measure. You didn’t fool them. Now my Havanese that I have now would just cry on my leg till it got done.

My Shelttie would herd everyone towards the light bulb till it was changed!

We are servants to a cat. I often wonder how long he will keep us on his staff.

He is a loveable, but very self-centered (narcissistic?) critter.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back