How Long to get a DX

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the case of your brother, the disease sems to have progressed slowly, until recently. If my recollection is accurate, I believe those who are younger when diagnosed have a better prognosis. That is, they live longer once diagnosed. My pattern is similar to that of your brother. I can recall fasciculations for years (and other vague neuromuscular issues), but it was not until this year that I noticed the assymetrical weakness so characteristic of als.

Thank you for your encouragement and I will keep you and your brother in my prayers.

Thank you, All of you. Unfortunately this site is just what I needed.

I will also keep you and your family and everybody that has this ALS in my prayers and thoughts. I definetly need prayer and strength, I also have my own disabilities.

The Sun Is Still Shinning. :smile:

Hey Vmd,

I have done all the regular tests like the EMG and the MRI I have even done a kind of EMG but with electrical shots instead of the needles as well and lots of blood tests like borrelia and so and they also tested the fluid in my spinal and all the tests were normal.
I have been diagnosed in less then 3 months I guess because of my major symptoms as well I don't know. So far I am doing well and I hope u are and in your case and as long as you are not yet diagnosed I hope then you don't have ALS.

Omar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back