Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Ohio
City
Columbus
Hi,
I've had a slur in my speech for over a year now, which gradually got worse. It's leveled off since November, when I went off an antipsychotic drug I thought might be causing the problem. I can still speak to be understood, chew and swallow OK. but the quality of my voice has changed, too; it's nasal and higher pitched. I've had the full deal---blood/urine work (all Clear), an MRI in January (Clear) and an EMG in January (Clear). My neuro has scheduled another EMG for April. Also, I have dry mouth and tongue (but excess saliva at the front of my mouth) and drink glass after glass of water but am never satisfied. My nasal passages have completely dried up and I can't shed tears anymore. I'm having a lip biopsy for Sjogren's next week, but my ENT thinks the main problem is neurological. Anyone else have experience like this? Should the April biopsy show something (I first began symptoms in February 2012)? I need help!

Hi,

I'm no doctor, but in researching sjogren's, I found it in three places under neurological conditions. Of all people, I know not to use dr. Goo gle, but I did anyhow. This paragraph may be of interest to you:

" Twenty-five per cent of patients with rheumatoid arthritis have Sjogren's syndrome; 50% of patients with Sjogren's have rheumatoid arthritis. There can be associations with thyroiditis and myasthenia gravis."

I hope you get an answer soon. Also wondering if you called your pharmacist, he/she may know of a product to help with your dry mouth.

My post went to moderation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back