Diagnosis
n/a
Country
US
State
mi
City
st.clair shores
Just wondering one last question? then ill try not to obsess as much. First of i have hypo not hyper hypo doesnt cause twitches, and ive twitched 4 5 6 months cant really remember my twitches are still always there ok so my question is HOW MANY MEMBERS ON HERE NOTICED THERE WEEKNESS FROM THERE TWITCHING? YEARS LATER? MONTHS LATER? and what about the brisk reflexes were those right away for people? last question i promise I LOVE ALL YOU GUYS, Annoing Jenny

you

are out of control...

Thanks

Make Me Feel Real Good About This I Would Never Write That To Anyone.how Dare You Say Iam Out Of Control Ok So If In A Year From Now Something Is Serious Ill Make Sure To Save Wht You Said And Send It Back To You That Is So Mean It Was Just A Question! Gee Wiz

lhagsjr is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to lhagsjr

Default Jamie, AnnMarie, Leslie...
As you know my main 2 complaints are atrophy and twitching but weakness not really which is very odd. So I went to the gym tonight for the first time in probably 10 months. I could bench press 105 lbs. I know that is not a ton of weight but when I was 100% healthy the most I could bench was 135 lbs. I may have been able to do more then 105 but didnt want to press it. I have no idea what this means. I was also curling 20 lbs 3 sets of 10. Jamie is a guy and couldnt probably relate more. Could u do this? I continue to twitch and continue to atrophy but can still walk, talk, eat, breath, and havent lost a devastating amount of strength. Confused as hell....

Your Just As Scared As Iam

Maybe I Should Make You Feel Bad And Say Your Out Of Control To. With Your Clean Emgs Thanks A Lot For Making Me Look Crazy

The constant twitching makes all of us go crazy-- don't feel bad-- however-- I am able to still do curls and benchpress a fair amount of weight-- but get shakey when I do do them-- I have been twitching now for @ 9 months. Maybe the weakness is from not continuing to work out-- I think that is why I may not be as strong as I was--But just like the energizer bunny-- I keep twitching and twitching and twitching and twitching and twitching....... and I am right there with you-- try to get some valium or zanax to calm you down and see if it helps-- I have now been taking valium 10 at night and sleeping pretty well but my wife says i am snoring like an animal. Hey I get an EMG this friday and will see what the local guy thinks-- I went to walmart and bought little sickers and on friday morning am going to stick them on the twitching areas and make sure he checks those specific muscle groups so AI know when I leave I got everthing coverd-- If I don't bleed to death during the test-- G

Jen- I want you to take it easy because the more serene you are the happier your baby will be.

Lou provides a good role around here-he often points out to some of us when we need to calm down. He probably thought you would accept his advice too. I am sorry you are upset but it does no good to you or your baby to get all worked up over a comment.

Now, about the twitching- somewhere on another thread people listed how long between first symptoms and DX. You can probably find that discussion by doing a search from the tab at the top of this screen. Myself, I don't know how long I have been twitching. I noticed other symptoms first and one of my docs noticed the twitches. I had to come here to learn what everybody was talking about. That was almost 18 months ago and I still do not have a DX. So you see, Lou is basically right. Wondering and guessing gets us nowhere.

PS: I thought you were going to PM me about the colors you are choosing for the nursery? Cindy

Last edited:
Hi Jenny

First, I just want to say I can see you are under a huge amount of stress and I am so sorry for some of the things you have experienced lately. Second- stress can do some really bad things to you and I want you to know that I think (and this is probably my armchair diagnosis) that alot of what you are going through is because of stress. It can cause, and make fasics much worse. I really don't think you have ALS, but I know the terrifying feeling you are having by thinking that ALS may be a possibility.

In all reality, the likelihood that you may have it are slim, and I don't think you are crazy etc.. I just really think your symptoms are from other things..So- please accept this word of advice and if your Dr did not give you a definite diagnosis of ALS, then please try not to think about and live each day to its fullest and move on from the worrying-don't waste precious days of life on the unknown.. I wish you well- and I really mean that!

Lisa

G,

How did your emg go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back