Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you sir! That does seem like it really might work for my husband.

It's wonderful that your bed is hospital style, Diane. I had thought in the beginning that we'd get another King sized bed, but get an electric one with dual controls. Phil was leary of putting so much money into something totally new to us, as we'd had a standard mattress. My ALSA worker, when asked for advice, was leaping through the phone lines telling me that they'd get me a loaner to try with that alternating air mattress overlay. As I'm expecting IrisMarie to ask the obvious, (gotcha, IrisMarie!), I'll just say straightforwardly that a hoyer lift does a great job of carrying the patient to a different room.:cool::cool:;-)

Diane, you sleep with a Bi-pap, don't you? So... you can sleep on your back while using a Bi-pap?

I can't. No leakage of air when I'm on my side but not longer after turning on my back, my mask starts leaking air in one or more spots, and it drives me crazy. Any thoughts on how to remedy the problem?

I wish there was something I could tell you to stop the problem. I learned to sleep in one position and not move all night.

There is one more positive to get a trache and vent, you will not have those nasty problems again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back