Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
CA
City
san jose
I'm a 19 year old.I'm pretty much a healthy guy.I have been a healthy guy all of life.About 15 months ago I started having these weird symptoms.My arms started to get tired from any little thing that I would do.I started getting pain right under my wrist.When I would carry things my shoulders would begin to burn.When I would wipe myself after going number 2 I felt like I had lost some grip.I never really noticed these symptoms get worse and if they did i didnt really notice.I also got pain in my in my hands like my palms.

Now my question is .Are these symptoms related to what I have been feeling for the past 5 days.

For the past 5 days I have been feeling
*Loss of strength in my hands and fingers
*Severe weakness in arms and legs.
*Feeling really shaky but dont look it.
*Feeling like I can barely open my car door
*Dropping things at work.
*Feeling like I have to use two hands to type on my phone.
*Feeling a weird sensation in my knees and feet

Could ALS go from moderate to severe symptoms this quick ?

Could this be ALS ?

If my symptoms that I first described arent related or a part of my new symptoms. Could my new symptoms be a rapid onset of ALS ?

I don't think you have ALS, but a good time to see your doc? There are many possible explanations, from carpal tunnel to some systemic illness, nutritional deficiency, a combination...no way to find out on the Net, nor to know from us if your new sx relate to the earlier ones. Make an appointment.

Woey,

Why did you start a new thread? Expecting different answers? We are NOT doctors.

As you mentioned in the other thread - you have a neuro appointment coming up - be a patient patient.

Keep your musings to one thread - easier for us to follow; it's annoying and disrespectful to the folks here who reply to you - some PALS have great difficulty typing. Please close one of your threads. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back