Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
This afternoon I took my husband to the neuro that originally diagnosed him in 2006. The reason being that we were tired of sitting for 3 or 4 hours at clinic just for him to be prodded and poked. The last couple of times we went, I had to round up practitioners to hurry them along or tell them we didn't need to see them, as my husband would be too exhausted to stay any longer. The last clinic visit was in January.

In the meantime, we have seen numerous doctors for several symptoms that the clinic would not address any further. Each of these doctors kept referring us back to the clinic. To say we were frustrated is an understatement.

So, after months of torment I took him to this wonderful neuro! I went down the list of concerns and he addressed them one by one. He asked in depth questions so as to get to the bottom of symptoms.

Bottom line:

Insane itching - no problem - rx for gabapentin
Saliva overflowing - no problem - rx for Artane and maybe botox later if he wants it
Fatigue increasing - no problem - rx for increased dosage of Ritalin
Dizziness when turning in bed - 95% sure calcium floating in inner ear, will resolve itself

He told us that my husband really wasn't taking that many drugs and he had no problem prescribing what he wanted. He said it wasn't like he was taking fistfuls of Oxycodone every day.

I then asked him about hospice and he advised my husband he should be on it and explained wonderfully about how the rules have changed and he would truly benefit from their help.

Wish I had taken him months ago!

I'm so glad that you and your husband had a good appointment today with Rxs written for his needs. You both have been on my mind.

Fantastic, CJ! I am so glad you got things resolved!

that is great CJ...sounds like it is a lot easier this way..

CJ,
I'm so happy your hubby got his meds. All it takes is one doctor who will listen and has a clue.

That's wonderful CJ, someone can listen and understand not to mention Help. So Happy for you both!

Fantastic, so glad for you. Recently had a relative with the calcium in their inner ear....and it did resolve itself!

So happy for you and hubby, the itching problem should be solved! Also, try the EPLY manuever for the ear problem. Les had the calcium thing after one of his many falls. I can't remember the name, but will let you know when I remember it. Oh yeah, it is called Benign Positional Vertigo.

Epley maneuver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Love to hear good news!

Gotta love those small victories! Way to take charge CJ!

Funny how it seems you are rolling a boulder up a hill and then, all of a sudden someone tells you you could get there sideways - no up, just along! Great Idea to go back to neuro! Well done.
Hope the path is easier for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back