How does "chewing troubles" look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for replying im very worried my husband thinks its in my head but im making an appoinment today i pray husbands right but i just know something is not right.
Linda

Here is a thought about facial weakness--- Get your lips real dry--- kinda sticky dry-- close your mouth and then open it slowly. Try this a few times-- If it seems like one side of your lips are slower to open... This possibly would indicate weakness in that side of your facial muscle. Just a thought-- I have checked this myself and notice it on my left side- the side I have twitching.

G

Dear Linda,

We are in similar circumstances; my symptoms are almost identical. Hang in there and wait until the doctor has done all the tests they can do. I know it is very hard, but try to think positively… or at least try not to think of it at all!

I wonder how often people start to notice symptoms in their shoulder and arm that is first diagnosed as a pinched nerve?

First my GP said neuropathy; then go to a chiropracter who made the headaches and tingling worse; after a year of wrangling with the insurance company have x-rays and MRIs...the radiologist thinks its disk compression - off to the neurosurgeon; well no he says, it looks muscular in nature; better see a neurologist... hmmm... the neurologist is puzzled .....

I wish I could go directly to an ALS center ... my insurance would never cover it.

Pythia,

The MDA has funds set aside to pay for visits to the ALS Clinic if you are not able to afford it, or don't have insurance. It would be worth calling the clinic and discussing this with the social worker, explaining that your insurance will not approve a visit.

Just a thought.

CJ - that is how I got to the ALS Clinic at Strong. I called the MDA in Binghamton and they immediately setup the appointment. Pythia, I believe that is the local MDA you would call also. I think you may be a little confused between ALS Clinic and MDA. The best clinics are certified by the MDA and they will help you. 607-723-7431

Thanks for the information! I might be jumping the gun on an ALS clinic or a MDA - I have not even had my first EMG yet. My thoughts have been racing and very scattered since my doctors visit last week....panic is a good word!

I feel foolish worrying about money at such a time, but I can't help it. My husband and I just baught a house and frankly have been living beyond our means. If my diagnosis is something that limits my ability to work, we could be in big trouble.

I would feel a lot better with some things settled, like a will, an advance health directive, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. My goal this week is to have many of these researched if not in place. Hopefully I will feel better with these out of the way; I hope it also helps keep my mind busy enough that I don't monitor my every shake and twitch!

Thanks so much to everyone!
Pythia

Many of us here have taken care of those exact things as soon as we became ill and trust me......it definitely brings great relief!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back