Status
Not open for further replies.
We just had a friend here that was put on a vent in the emergency room, and then he couldn't be weaned from it. After two weeks, he decided that he didn't want to live like that, so he had them turn it off. Very, very difficult. It certainly made my husband realize he will have to make some decisions very soon. Good luck to you. I understand completely what you are going through and how you feel.

Elizabeth, i cannot imagine doing what you are doing. I am caring for my father late stage ALS and I have two teenagers. Cannot imagine doing this with small children. You are an angel and know that even though you are going through hell, God knows what a selfless service you are providing your husband. God bless you!
Laura

Hello Elizabeth,

It's good to hear of all the support that you have; and yet it doesn't lessen in any way some of the awful burdens you are carrying. I am nowhere near knowing the answers to your difficult questions, but I know this:
"If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you".
I really hope that doesn't sound trite! I will certainly pray that you find light on your path; and some dedicated and capable care for your husband.
God Bless,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back