How do I know when its time? Walker to PWC transition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Max you have to post a certain number of times before you can edit

>Max you have to post a certain number of times before you can edit

don't know, but < 5,000 :)

Thanks for the validation, Steve! Hey TB, maybe it is the Edge 6 I'm getting...? In any case, they are only ordering what insurance will pay for, based on medical necessity. As I understand the program, as your needs change/decline, then you go back in and get more bells and whistles. Is that how you found it works? The only add-on that I would really like, that insurance never pays for, is an adjustable height seat. At $2200, my hubby and I have to have some serious budget negotiations.

Deb

>At $2200, my hubby and I have to have some serious budget negotiations.

counter with the vendors!

Hey Deb, I don't see the need to spend your own money for seat height adjustability. Why do you need that? Also, make sure you got "tilt," otherwise you foot plates may scrape getting into/out of the van.

TB

Seat height adjustment comes in handy unless you are demolitioning your kitchen. It helps so you can get things down. Also at a restaurant you can be at the proper table height. Quality of life issues not medically neccary.

Sorry Max, didn't follow...
TB, tilt is requested. Again, I can only get what is medically necessary, and seat adjustability isn't.
Restaurants, computer desk, managing in the kitchen (food in/out of microwave), lots of reasons to be able to adjust the seat height, as you mentioned, Gooseberry.

>Sorry Max, didn't follow...

chair vendors are margin rich salespeople -- tell 'em to give you a better deal or you'll go elsewhere!

:)

Attachments

• 1510707_390885734390383_1893529837_n.jpg
    1510707_390885734390383_1893529837_n.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 126
On my chair seat elevate was 2200. Insurance did not cover it. I paid 1200. Negotiate and see what you can git it for.

Steve

Max and Steve, I agree with negotiating and getting a better deal as you guys did. However, how would Deb do this if her PWC is being ordered through UofM?

>how would Deb do this if her PWC is being ordered through UofM?

good question :-( prob. ask um 4 help ...

go blue!

You guys beat me to the question. Good idea, Max. Can't hurt to ask.

>Can't hurt to ask.

yup, 'don't ask, don't get' :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back