Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
OHIO
City
Wickliffe
It seems allot of us newbs come here with fears of the unknown because of lack of a DX, and it takes up a go portion of this forum, from the people that have been DX. I would just like to know what I can do to help those that are helping us newbs:?:

i also feel terrible for coming here and saying how awful this disease is and how much i don't want my mum to have it when there are people here who have been positively diagnosed with ALS and are dealing with it.

i feel petty, and yet the need to vent my fears on here is so valuable to helping me understand what exactly is (could be?) going on with my mum.

in terms of giving back to this forum, there's a link on the main page where you can donate money to help with it's upkeep: https://www.alsforums.com/donate/

i prayed to god the other night that if my mum didn't have ALS i would run the New York marathon to raise money for ALS research. now it's looking more and more likely that i will be moving home from New York to look after her as she ails. i still hope for the best.

god bless.

I think you just should use what naturally comes to you. Some people are encouragers, some researchers, etc. One idea is to try to follow up with PALs that were active, and then start being away from here more and more. I should do it more than I have.

Did you find out anymore as to your attempt to be seen by the VA?

There is always the possibility of donating cash to help out with forum expenses. Al and I give our time gladly, but David pays out of pocket to put this forum up on the Internet.

Just a thought...

I would love to donate, but I've been on disability since 2004 and can't even pay all my medical bills because I am unable to work due to injuries and illness incurred directly from military service to my country. I can't even afford to replace my dishwasher that crapped out 4 months, and with a household of 6 with 4 very young children.... Sorry, I was hoping for a non monetary idea, I like a prisoner in my own house, so I was think of a way to help over the internet if there is such a thing.

Well, like I'd suggested earlier, just keeping in touch with PALS that could use the contact I'd think would be useful, especially as your original question had referenced, in an indirect way, time those PALS might have spent answering your, and other new member's questions.

Just checking on some folks would be much appreciated.

Also, I'd imagine that if you contacted Stu and his organization, that there is some sort of volunteer work that could be done over the internet as he has just started this up within the last year....

There is also activism that can be internet based... there is the Veteran angle... or lobbying for drug trials. I think if you read back through older posts, you could find out who on here is involved with some of those things, and private message them as to what is needed.

take care, :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back