Status
Not open for further replies.
Jrzygrl I’m so sorry he’s not up to the chair. We got one for DH and sent it back like the next day. He didn’t like his either and since he was 6’2 and I’m 5’1 it would never have fit me. I hope he does try it a second time.

Hugs

I hope he tries the chair again, maybe for short periods at a time to get used to the difference? Otherwise can you make use of it to treat yourself?

Does he have a ROHO cushion in his wheelchair? My husband didn't like the Pride lift chair I ordered, thought the seat was too hard. I got a second ROHO like he had in the wheelchair and he was comfortable. I know you said he felt it was too soft but maybe if it felt like his wheelchair seat?

good point Kate - we used the ROHO and the sheepskin in the recliner chair.

I've asked him every day if he wants to try it again. Nope. His PWC has a big repair job being done on Saturday, so I'm hoping he will be more willing then, since he can't be in it while the work is being done. Otherwise, he'll have to stay in bed. I'll take the ROHO cushion while they're doing the repair and see if that makes a difference. Fingers crossed!

I totally get how hard it can be when you have all these ideas of how to make life just a tiny bit better, and they won't even consider. Don't beat yourself up over any of it. That was a big one for me! Fingers crossed something cracks for you 💜

So sorry DH is being uncooperative. Sometimes I used to think that because Brian was ill it gave him the right to be cantankerous. Hopefully WC repair day will go better than expected.

Hugs

Wow, I just realized I had typed out a post on Friday, but never hit the post button. Out-of date now anyway.

The wheelchair techs came on Saturday and spent around 4 hours on the PWC. DH decided he wanted to just stay in bed, even when I offered the option of using the recliner. When they left, I got him up into his wheelchair He grumbled about a rattle until I texted the tech (he was nice enough to give me his personal cell#). The tech said he'd fix it the next time he could get out here. Well guess what - that will be later today. Yesterday, DH was doing his usual recline, tilt, up, recline, tilt, repeat when the back would no longer recline. He can tilt back, but needs to also recline to get comfortable, but also to use the head array. So back in bed for the remainder of the day again. (I guess the recliner is now officially mine.) Called Numotion this morning, and luckily, the tech had a cancellation today, so he can come out again. He won't be here until the earliest some time mid-afternoon. I guess it's another bed day for DH.

In addition to the chair woes, I had a rough day yesterday. I should really get off social media - especially on holidays. Seeing pictures of all the families celebrating Father's day really got to me. All the moments we are missing out on. I pulled it together and figured at least we could have a nice dinner together when DD2 and DS got home from work. DD2 was bringing home a bottle of wine, DS was bringing fresh produce from the farm stand and I had steaks in the fridge. By mid-afternoon, that had fallen apart - thwarted by the PWC. DH had dinner in bed. The kids ate in the kitchen. There's just not enough room in the bedroom for everyone to get in there and sit for a meal. I had no appetite at all.

And to top it all off, I'm having trouble sleeping. If I get 4 hours, it's a good night. Just too many things rolling around in my head. I can't seem to shut them off. If I try to catch a nap in the afternoon, that throws everything off and I'm not even tired at night. Coffee, coffee, coffee today.

Hugs all around!

Jrzygrl I so understand. I just want to wrap you in a huge hug. So that’s what I’m sending.

and then someone says - I hope you are looking after yourself and wonder why just look blankly at them eh ... more hugs and an "I get it" thrown in 💜

Jersey, I hope Numotion came through for you, and that you can get some sleep.

Chair is fixed, slept well last night and a friend texted that she made dinner us for tonight. Things are looking up!

Hugs all around!

Awesome new! Praying another good nights sleep.

Jrzygrl, I'm so glad that things are looking up for you and I hope that continues. You deserve it!

Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back