How about a cold war espionage follies soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rose

Extremely helpful member
Reason
DX MND
Diagnosis
7/2008
Country
US
State
Maryland
City
Anytown
For starters, we've a couple of real life cryptographers on the forum; Zaphoon and Halfin (just have to convince Hal to join in)... actually no real life experience required (or real life writing skills either LOL) What do you all think? Just so you know, I want to be a SPY ~ not the cocktail waitress at the pub where clandestine meetings take place. Unless of course, I'm really just a plant, a fake waitress... I'm thinking either along the lines of the Ipcress File, or, for lighter fare, James Bond.. How about it?

I want to be the spy who came in from the cold, really, it is warm here today but still. Or one of Smiley's people trying to sneak through Checkpoint Charlie with a top secret microdot.

Great idea Rose, endless possibilities!

Rose, you know you'll end up being one of the Bond girls!

.. -- ..- .--. ..-. --- .-. .. -
i m u p f o r i t

-.. .-. -- --- .-. ... . -.-. --- -.. . .. ... -.- -. --- .-- -. -... -.-- -- .- -. -.-- -. .- -- . ... .-.. .. -.- . --. ..- -- -... -.--

Last edited:
Okay, Glen, at least I was polite enough to give the translation...

I thought it pretty funny but I'm not going to share with the others what it says!

(unless you force me but I'm not drinking any koolaid!)

.-- .... . .-. . -.. .. -.. -.-- --- ..- .-.. . .- .-. -. -.-. --- -.. . ..--..

Last edited:
Ok I could be the spy who "went out in the cold":lol:

41 deg C currently 2.10pm

cheers Peter

My dad was a ham radio operator for many years but was never able to teach me Morse code so
- .... .- -. -.- ... ..-. --- .-. - .... . -.-. --- -. ...- . .-. - . .-. .-.. .. -. -.-

I see this has potential to amuse us until the weekend.

I think we should lean toward a more serious true spy type Follies, in the manner of John le Carré's Smiley series.

One reason being, I've always thought that if Beth were a man, and an actor, she would be Sir Alec Guinness and play master spy George Smiley.

Another, is that this genre has so much potential, as already demonstrated by our clever guys and their code writing thus far (I thought something was wrong with my computer display at first LOL).

So, are we up for a spy thriller? .... telltale wisps of cigarette smoke left hanging in dark alleys? Messages scribbled inside a book of matches (written in code, of course).

Last edited:
:shock::shock: Not FUNNY guys! Thought that I was losing my eyesight or that some weird virus had attacked my computer! Horrible way to begin a Monday :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back