Diagnosis
07/2016
Country
US
State
TN
City
Memphis
Looking at a hill-rom Sport2 p1900 hospital bed which goes to a minimum height of 27 inches with an air flotation mattress and will go to a chair sitting position. I i’m a little concerned about the bed height. I currently manually transfer my wife to a wheelchair and commode from an adjustable bed which is a 23 inch height. does anybody have any experience with this type of bed? can you give me your feedback?

I would try something more like the Joerns Ultracare Trendelenburg bed. As noted in the Equipment sticky, I think it's best to get a standard medical foam mattress to start as not everyone needs or does well with more advanced technology.

As for height, ultimately you will likely use a Hoyer but I certainly agree there is no point to a bed that is 4" higher than your current transfer. That can be a long 4 inches.

You can't get a Hoyer lift under ICU beds. You will need an overhead lift to get her in and out of bed. A standard hospital bed combined with a rotating air mattress will work well for far less money. (You can send the money you save to me if you feel like spending that much!)

We found a fairly standard (trendelenburg) bed with rotating air mattress worked very well. I'm sorry I don't know the exact bed you are referring too, but it may be overkill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back