Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Tennessee
City
Memphis
Looking at a hill-rom Sport2 p1900 hospital bed which goes to a minimum height of 27 inches with an air flotation mattress and will go to a chair sitting position. I i’m a little concerned about the bed height. I currently manually transfer my wife to a wheelchair and commode from an adjustable bed which is a 23 inch height. does anybody have any experience with this type of bed? can you give me your feedback?

lgelb

Forum Supporter
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
WA
City
Seattle
I would try something more like the Joerns Ultracare Trendelenburg bed. As noted in the Equipment sticky, I think it's best to get a standard medical foam mattress to start as not everyone needs or does well with more advanced technology.

As for height, ultimately you will likely use a Hoyer but I certainly agree there is no point to a bed that is 4" higher than your current transfer. That can be a long 4 inches.

Diane H

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
11/1985
Country
US
State
IN
City
Fort Wayne
You can't get a Hoyer lift under ICU beds. You will need an overhead lift to get her in and out of bed. A standard hospital bed combined with a rotating air mattress will work well for far less money. (You can send the money you save to me if you feel like spending that much!)

affected

Guru status reached
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
AU
City
lala land
We found a fairly standard (trendelenburg) bed with rotating air mattress worked very well. I'm sorry I don't know the exact bed you are referring too, but it may be overkill?

Status
Not open for further replies.