Hospital bed

Status
Not open for further replies.

nic01

My mom has just been told she needs a hospital bed. She is very upset because she wants to sleep with my dad. The only thing I could think of was to put a single bed in there too, so at least my dad would be in the same room. But I don't know if that will work. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would appreciate any advice.
Thank you
Jennifer

Hi Jennifer. We have already planned this out. Use a twin bed next to the hospital bed. Put the bed beside the hospital bed and build it up to the same level with wood blocks. These can be made at home by a family member or friend or you might be able to purchase them through a home care company. Use separate bottom sheets on the beds and get King size for the top sheets and blankets if they want or just use twins if that is what they want. It should work for them. Good Luck.

Thank you for the good idea. I told my mom about it and she seems to think it is a good idea too. This disease takes so much from us, I don't want her to lose something that comforts her so much.
Again, thank you
jennifer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back