Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
City
The Beach
I have Medicare with BCBS Supplement. How do I get qualified for a hospital bed. I also need recommendations on what features to get. This is one where I will go into savings to get something better than provided, if necessary. I already have major pain issues and have a queen size adjustable bed.

I know I've asked about mattresses before and have been researching for beds/mattresses/systems.

Lately I'm so tired and in pain that my computer time is limited to less than an hour a day.

Medicare will only approve the standard twin hospital bed. We bought our own mattress and a foam/ dream mattress cover. Steve sleeps comfortably and I am sure we will be using the rails soon.

If they pay for the basic twin then I guess I can get one with upgrades? I don't know the process.

The vendor can help you w/ the process. They will need to be in your network to get Medicare reimbursement. They will code the claim and submit it and bill you for what Medicare does not pay (they pay a fixed amount for a given type of hospital bed). To expedite getting the bed, you may need to pay the whole thing up front pending adjudication of the claim. Medicare's allowables for each region are available on line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back