01/2013
Country
AUS
State
qld
City
South Burnett
Hello everyone

I'd love some advice from pals and cals out there who have opted to get a standard electrical bed instead of a hospital bed
I thought I'd better ask before forking out good money for it
I'd prefer to stick to a double bed as I can't roll otherwise, I want to keep things as anti hospital as possible and most importantly I need room for my two kitty kats( ones more dog size) :)

So my questions are, will it be good enough to see me through my whole journey?
What's a good overlay ?
And can I successfully put a single air mattress on it in later on without dramas ?( we can make a frame so it won't slide off the end)

Thanks in advance

Hi Kylie,

I don't have a hospital bed, but have used one whenever I'm in respite care. Apart from how they look, the main difference is that hospital beds are also height adjustable, while adjustable divans are not. Both have adjustable heads & feet and can be fitted with side bars.

You'd want to bear in mind that you may need hoist legs to fit under the bed.

I'm still in an ordinary double, which we raised by 4cm for hoist access. I've a single air mattress on top of half the regular mattress and it doesn't slip. If I need to raise my head in the future, I'll try a head n shoulder frame first.

Ells x.

In my research the best one is Transfer master new valient bed as it fits a hoist goes up anld down and has all the attachments. Most others wont accommodate a hoist also look at flex-a-bed hi-lo
My ot said to consider
Where the motor is. Need room for lift to go under bed
Can the mattress be replace with a new mattress?
No memory top

Thanks ells X
Never thought about the hoist ! Dads happy to raise the bed and we actually have a hoist coming as my walking time is coming to a end. Whilst my parents are happy to bear hug me to transfer, home care nurses won't be
So it's going to be a matter of seeing how low the hoist goes as to whether I need a high low instead. Hope not!

Thanks too trixie
Never would have thought of the motor. It looks like we don't sell the valient here in oz :( we are looking at a gel mattress by avante? But I did have a good look into high low beds , the biggest being a king single . I'm still crossing fingers I can avoid that . Might be dreaming though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back