Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Illinois (IL)
City
Roscoe
Hi all,
My name is Mallic and I don't have ALS. After experiencing every ALS 'symptom' in the book I am happy to finally say that.

In 2014 I started experiencing fasciculations which eventually spread over my entire body and I signed up for this website under a different alias. In 2015 I felt as if my strength was declining as I became weaker and skinnier. And finally in 2016 my tongue and throat began to twitch and I panicked. I choked on food and coughed constantly.

The only advice I can give to ANYBODY scared about these symptoms is to get an EMG done ASAP and don't whine or worry until you have done that or your doctor starts worrying. I wasted literal YEARS of my life with debilitating anxiety until I decided to do something about it. Don't doubt a word your doctor tells you and if you get an EMG celebrate it as I did. There are so many people who would do anything to be in the position I am in. I intend to take full advantage of that and live my life to the fullest.

Goodbye,

Thank you Nikki and Max(RIP). You two made a difference in my life and I will never forget you. Many of you folks were dealt a bad hand and I intend on donating and raising awareness until this disease has finally been beaten. If this anxiety has done anything it has made me and advocate of curing this illness. To all of those people who are anxiety ridden I suggest you do the same, so we don't have to worry about one day having a CURABLE illness that once took the best from us.
-Mallic :cool:

Thanks for checking in, Mallic. All the best.

--Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back